PřF:Bi6662 Geobotany project 1 - Course Information
Bi6662 Geobotany project 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Jiří Danihelka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Milan Chytrý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Chytrý, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Chytrý, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Previous knowledge of basic methods of vegetation sampling in the field, a strong personal motivation for botanical fieldwork and willingness to do more than prescribed by standard curricula.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Through a scientific project to learn methods of vegetation survey from planning and own field data collection to sample processing, and to prepare data for analysis in the subject Geobotanical Project 2.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- plan vegetation sampling in the field
- conduct field vegetation survey
- prepare the collected data and materials so that they can be used for further analysis
- Study of literature and maps.
- Planning of field data sampling.
- Vegetation sampling on a field expedition abroad.
- Processing of obtained materials and data for further analysis.
- Teaching methods
- One-time seminar and several-day field trip with vegetation sampling.
- Assessment methods
- Credit for active fieldwork.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7D.
Information on course enrolment limitations: zápis výhradně po schválení učitelem
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- The fieldwork will take place in the Republic of Montenegro in July or August 2021. It is assumed that the graduates of this course will enrol in the course Geobotanical Project 2 in the following autumn semester, where we will identify herbarium specimens, analyze data obtained in the field and write a research article.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/Bi6662