PřF:F7661 School experiments lab. 1 - Course Information
F7661 School experiments laboratory 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- Mgr. Jana Jurmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Pavel Konečný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Lacina, CSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Pavel Konečný, CSc.
- F4050 Atom., nuc. and part. physics || F4060 Introduction to microphysics
Requirements of physics on the level of introductory course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics (programme PřF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- The discipline is devoted to students of physics teaching. The main goal is to learn how to prepare, perform and interpret physics lecture demonstrations.
- 1.Light sources and light detectors (infrared spectrum, UV spectrum, tungsten halogen lamp, arc lamp, line spectra, emission line spectra, dark line spectra, principle of fluorescent tube, photoelectric effect, light on P-N junction, solar cell, stroboscopic effect, colour perception, light meter) 2.Optical elements and optical instruments (camera obscura, real and virtual image, converging and diverging lenses, spherical aberration, chromatic aberration, field of view, microscope, telescope, dark field, resolving power) 3.Vibrations and mechanical waves (mass on spring, simple pendulum, physical pendulum, Blackburn pendulum, RLC circuit, oscilloscope, microphone, Lissajous figures, beats and resonance, driven and damped harmonic motion.) 4.Sound (acoustics sources and detector, wave phenomena with a ripple tank, plane waves and circular waves, single slit diffraction, double slit interference, interference between two sources, reflection and refraction of waves at a boundary, focusing by a concave reflector, Huygens's principle, standing waves, tuning fork, Chladni figures, organ pipe, monochord.) 5.Fluid mechanics (Pascal's law, equilibrium tubes, hydraulic press, Mariottes bottle, Cartesian diver, viscosity of fluid, wind tunnel, Bernoulli's principle, Venturi effect, nature of the actual lifting force on a real airplane wing, vacuum, vacuum pump.) 6.Thermodynamics ( thermal expansion of glass metal rod rubber band bimetallic strip, volume thermal expansion, change in the density of water with temperature, boiling at reduced and enhanced pressure, regelation-ice under pressure, thermal conductivity of metals, thermal convection in water, surface tension.) 7.Electrostatics (electrostatics attract and repulsion, Braun and Leaf electroscopes, triboelectricity, electrostatics induction, Van De Graaff generator , Wimshurst generator, electric wind, charge distribution on a conductor, discharge to various radii, electric field lines, hollow conducting sphere, field lines for two nearby charge, Faraday cage, parallel plate capacitor, parallel plate capacitor with dielectric, dissectible Leyden jar, ionization of air, electric mill, force on dielectric in electric field,) 8.Electric current, magnetism, electromagnetic principle (effect of temperature on current in metal and semiconductor, Hall effect, Kirchhoff's laws, voltaic cell, magnetohydrodynamics, the magnetic field of a permanent magnets (bar, horseshoe, disc, ring), the magnetic field around a straight wire, (shaped wire, solenoid coil,), Oersted experiment, natural magnetism of lodestone, paramagnetic, feromagnetic and diamagnetic materials, Curie point of nickel, the hysteresis loop of an magnetic material, force between two adjacent parallel current-carrying wires, force on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field, Barlow's disc, thermoelectricity)
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika (Physics). 1st ed. Brno, Praha: Vutium, Prometheus, 2001. ISBN 80-214-1868-0. info
- Feynman, Richard P. - Leighton, Robert B. - Sands, Matthew. Feynmanove prednášky z fyziky 1. 2. vyd. Bratislava : Alfa, 1986. 451 s. Edícia matematicko-fyzikálnej literatúry.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Klasifikovaný zápočet
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.