PřF:Bi1051 Introduction Comp Biol - Course Information
Bi1051 Introduction to computational biologyFaculty of Science
Autumn 2010 - only for the accreditation
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Mathematical Biology (programme PřF, M-BI)
- Course objectives
- Students at the end of the course have knowledge of projects, teams and themes of students thesis of divisions of Institute of biostatistics and analyses: data analysis in oncology; analysis of population data and epidemiology; data analysis in cardiology; health technology assessment; data analysis in ecotoxicology; analysis of biodiversity; environmental modelling; environmnetal informatics.
- The range of problems solved by computational biology is presented to students of the first year together with potential themes for their students work. The topics cover not only projects of Institute of biostatistics and analyses but also other applications of computational biology. Some topics are presented by students of master studies who work on these themes.
- Teaching methods
- Presentation of scientific topics and discussion on their definition and goals.
- Assessment methods
- Oral participation in the discussion of presented topics.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Studenti matematické biologie absolvují seminář na katedře, kde vypracovávají svoji diplomovou práci.