PřF:Z0018F Diploma Thesis Seminar 2 (PG) - Course Information
Z0018F Diploma Thesis Seminar 2 - Physical GeographyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Z0018F/01: Mon 16:00–17:50 Z3,02045, V. Herber
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Z0017F Diploma Thesis Seminar 1 (PG) || Z0017A Diploma Thesis Seminar 1 (AG)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students will be provided with a programme of study to improve and enhance their presentation skills and so improve their career prospects. It will encapsulate written presentations using text and graphics, oral presentations and so will be valuable for diploma presentations, curriculum vitae writing, job interviews, report writing and marketing ideas and products.
- Oral presentation
- a) Structure of lecture
- b) Instruments for the presentation
- c) Examination of the presentation
- d) Most frequent mistakes
- Diploma/Master thesis
- a) Contextual part of D/MT (literary resources and their processing)
- b) Formal part D/MT (structure, text processing)
- ba) Processing and interpretation of gained results, tables, schemes, graphs, photographs, appendixes
- c) Most frequent mistakes in structuring of pthe D/MT
- Research and Presentation
- a) Planning your research.
- b) Grant application - sorts of grants, structure, most frequent mistakes
- c) Poster - structure, preparation, presentation, mistakes
- d) Paper - structure, most frequent mistakes
- Preparing to find your first job
- a) The application form
- Practical exercises
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- Teaching methods
- Participation in the class discussion, homework, individual oral presentations of the master thesis.
- Assessment methods
- The condition for a successful finishing of the course is 80% attendance in the seminars. Participation in the discussion, homework, individual oral presentations of the master thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.