PřF:Z0105 Rural geography - Course Information
Z0105 Rural geographyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Antonín Věžník, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Ondřej Krejčí (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Antonín Věžník, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 19. 9. to Sun 18. 12. Thu 10:00–11:50 Z2,01032
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PROGRAM ( N - GK )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Geography and Regional Development (programme PřF, N-GK)
- Course objectives
- Rural Geography, Analysis of the basic characteristics of demographic development in a urban, suburban and provincial district in the Czech Republic. EU enlargement in agriculture and the WTO process. Agriculture and agricultural policy in the EU. The anticipated effects of the EUs Eastern enlargement. Active social policy as a chance for endogenous rural development. Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to understand the basic teachings of Rural regions, to analyze the impact of CAP EU on the development of Country side, to understand and analyze the changing faces of contemporary Rural regions from Czech republic.
- The Production Strategy of Agriculture and Food Industry in the condition of market economy. The main principes of Comonn agroculture Policy EU Non production farming and its role in the landscaping and the environment. The system development of the structure of agriculture and food making firm. Social and economic connecction between of agricultural development and rural development. The progress of employment,agricultural market of label, social stratification, etc. Sociology of agriculture and rural sociology - introduction The influence of urbanization on the rural company. The rural institutions ,villages, rural and agricultural family, municipalities. The basic problems of Czech countryside, marginal and undeveloped regions. The programm of development of agriculture and countryside of Czech republic on the period 2000-2006. The programs of reconstruction of countryside , program SAPARD. Operation program, HRDP, EAFRD, Organic agriculture, Ecological notrification, the basic principes of sustainable agriculture.
- recommended literature
- MAJEROVÁ, Věra. Sociologie venkova a zemědělství. čtvrté,přepracované 1.dotisk. Praha: ČZU v Praze PEF - CREDIT Praha, 2003. 254 s. ISBN 80-213-0651-3.
- not specified
- Program rozvoje venkova ČR na období 2014-2020.Min.zemědělství ČR. 2013
- WOODS, M. (2005): Rural Geography: processes, responses and experiences in rural restructuring. Londýn: SAGE, 330 s. ISBN 0-7619-4760-4.
- Program rozvoje venkova ČR na období 2007-2013. Praha: Minosterstvo zemědělství ČR, 2007. 321 pp. info
- Teaching methods
- The basic Teaching methods are lectures, supplemented about contemporary methods such example e-learning. The course consists also homeworks of students to the actual subjects.
- Assessment methods
- The lectures and seminars, seminar homeworks and its presentation, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.