PřF:FX004 Surfaces and thin layers - Course Information
FX004 Surfaces and thin layersFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Karel Navrátil, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Karel Navrátil, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Karel Navrátil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: problem of the technological generation of 2D structures, the growth mechanism of those structures, understanding the relation between physical properties of metallic, semiconducting and dielectric thin films and the processes of their preparation. Dimensional effect.
- Thin film deposition technology. Thickness measurement and analytical techniques. Nucleation and growth of thin films. Mechanical properties. Electron transport in thin films. Optical properties of layers. Applications of thin films.
- K.L.Chopra, Tnin film phenomena (McGraw Hill, 1969)
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět určen pro studenty Fyzikálního inženýrství VUT.