PřF:Bi7805 Hydrobiological seminary - Course Information
Bi7805 Hydrobiological seminaryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jan Helešic, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindřiška Bojková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jan Helešic, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Thu 15:00–16:50 D32/329
- The seminar is prepared for students working on a bachelors or masters thesis in the field of hydrobiology. Participation of doctoral students and the department's teachers working in this field is also assumed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Course objectives of Hydrobiological seminar are presentations of student research results, discussing progress in bachelor and master thesis. For PhD students discussion of their results and methodological problems. Presentation of advances in hydrobiological research, lectures presented by home and foreign specialists. Students will learn scientific presentation, discussion and solving problems and they will get an overview of news in the field of hydrobiology.
- The syllabus of the subject is prepared for each semester separately, to include introduction of new bachelor and master thesis of participants, presentation of results of their theses and presentation of complete bachelor and master thesis prepared for their defence procedure. PhD students present results of their doctoral thesis and discuss their manuscripts which are in the process. Programme of seminar also includes presentation of news in literature, information about research projects by teachers and lessons of invited foreign and Czech guests. Every student present his thesis at least once within one school year - in autumn or spring semester.
- KUBÍČEK, František and Miloš ZELINKA. Základy hydrobiologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1982. 140 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation of bachelor's or master's thesis, state of work and results of own research by the students and discussion. Presentation of complete thesis before the defence. Presentation of results and papers in preparation by doctoral students. Lectures of teachers of Department of botany and zoology and invited guests.
- Assessment methods
- The credit is given for activity and presence on seminars. The condition of the credit is the active participation of the student, at least one performance for the year (presentation of bachelor, diploma thesis) plus active participation in discussions - two questions in one semester. Participants should not be absent more than once per semester, another collision with e.g. field trip must be excused in advance via email.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information