PřF:Z7150 ICT in Geography Education - Course Information
Z7150 ICT in Geographical EducationFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Vladimír Herber, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Z7150/01: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Tue 17:00–18:50 Z1,01001b, V. Herber
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Z7011 Geographical curriculum || NOW ( Z7011 Geographical curriculum )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/18, only registered: 0/18
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, N-BI)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, N-EB)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, N-GK)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography (programme PřF, N-MA)
- Course objectives
- This course aims to improve and develop the ICT skills and competencies of Geography teachers and to improve the quality of the material they produce for class. The course will also assist geography teachers to integrate ICT into their teaching.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student should be able to understand basic methods used for teaching geography using IT. He/she would be able to explain when to apply individual methods and make reasoned decisions about preconditions that are necessary for proper utilization of methods in question.
- Within the framework of the exercises the students solve IT-specific tasks in presenting the current problems at global, regional and local level: The possibilities of using IT in geographic education and also solving selected problems from the field of basic geographic disciplines . Individual exercises are created with an emphasis on self-study and individual forms of teaching.
- MARTIN, Fred. E-geography : using ICT in quallity geography. Sheffield: Geographical Association, 2006. 160 s. ISBN 1843771705. info
- WAHLA, Arnošt. Geografické, kartografické a geoinformatické vzdělávání s podporou webových zdrojů informací. Vyd. 1. Ostrava: Ostravská univerzita, 2006. 75 s. ISBN 8073681439. info
- ZOUNEK, Jiří and Petr SUDICKÝ. E-learning : učení (se) s online technologiemi. Vydání první. Praha: Wolters Kluwer Česká republika, 2012. xix, 226. ISBN 9788073579043. info
- Teaching methods
- Exercises in the form of independent work on tasks solved by appropriate sources, especially internet, focused on the teaching of geography.
- Assessment methods
- Class discussion, homework, oral presentation, final assessment
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.