PřF:FB501 Plasma Diagnostics, Simulation - Course Information
FB501 Plasma Diagnostics and SimulationsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Zdeněk Bonaventura, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaroslav Hnilica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Hoder, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Adam Obrusník, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ing. Lubomír Prokeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Synek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Voráč, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Voráč, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to show and get own experiences with basic and advanced methods used for plasma diagnostics and simulation. Emphasis is given on methods that are accessible on the department. Students are asked to get this experiences at the beginning of their PhD study, so that they get broader and deeper insight into the field of their thesis.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will get own experience with diagnostics and simulation methods used in plasma physics.
- Time correlated single-photon counting, local electric field determination
- Ground and metastable density determination by self-absorption
- Electric field modelling in COMSOL
- Phase-resolved Schlieren photography, ICCD imaging
- Collisional-Radiative modelling in ZD Plaskin
- Spectroscopy of diatomic molecules, laser-induced fluorescence
- frequency analysis of electrical measurements in low pressure capacitively coupled plasma
- gas chromatography - mass spectrometry
- THORNE, Anne P., Ulf LITZÉN and Sveneric JOHANSSON. Spectrophysics : principles and applications. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1999. xiv, 433. ISBN 3540651179. info
- DEMTRÖDER, Wolfgang. Laser spectroscopy : basic concepts and instrumentation. 2nd enl. ed. Berlin: Springer, 1998. xvii, 924. ISBN 354057171X. info
- BIRDSALL, Charles K. and A. B. LANGDON. Plasma physics via computer simulation. Bristol: Adam Hilger, 1991. 479 s. ISBN 0070053715. info
- Teaching methods
- Approx. one-hour lecture is followed by the laboratory course.
- Assessment methods
- Written protocols are discussed with the teacher.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.