PřF:G5531 Practical preparation of sect. - Course Information
G5531 Practical preparation of geological sectionsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Petr Zaunstöck (seminar tutor)
Jakub Grulya (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( (!( PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 4 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 4/4, only registered: 0/4
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 53 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course is understanding and practical skills to use the methods of preparation of geological sections and mounts, including possibilities and limitations of individual approaches.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, student will know preparation methods and will be able to prepare basic types of rock sections and mounts used in geological research – thin section, polished thin section, polished mount (polished section). Students will also understand possibilities and limitations of individual methods.
- Types of preparates
- Impregnation and fixation of the material
- Methods of cutting, grinding and polishing
- Practical exercises
- Teaching methods
- Lecture and practical exercise in polishing lab
- Assessment methods
- Credit will be given on the basis of mandatory participation and successful fulfilling of practical exercises (preparates, protocols)
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.