PřF:G9721 Petroarcheology - Course Information
G9721 PetroarcheologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jan Petřík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Petřík, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 15:00–16:50 G1,01004
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( (!( PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 41 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Student is acquainted with principal lithic raw materials for chipped artefacts, polished artefacts (shoe-last celts, axes, battle axes), whetstones, millstones and spindle whorls.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to pre-identify the basic material of the artefacts of the stone industry after completing this course.
- 1. Petroarchaeology, geoarchaeology, archaeometry;
- 2. Mining of lithic raw materials in prehistoric times;
- 3. Survey of igneous rocks;
- 4. Survey of sedimentary rocks;
- 5. Survey of metamorphic rocks;
- 6. Raw materials of chipped artefacts;
- 7. Raw materials of polished artefacts;
- 8. Raw materials of whetstones, millstones, spindle whorls and other artefacts;
- Přichystal, A. 2009: Kamenné suroviny v pravěku východní části střední Evropy (Lithic raw materials in prehistoric times of eastern Central Europe). - Brno
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class exercises with rock examples.
- Assessment methods
- Written test in which is necessary to determine 30 lithic raw materials and to answer 5 theoretical questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2019/2020.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/G9721