PřF:JNP01 German for Science 1 - Course Information
JNP01 German for Science 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Bc. Mgr. Petra Chládková (lecturer)
Mgr. Monika Ševečková, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Bc. Mgr. Petra Chládková
Language Centre, Faculty of Science Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Science Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JNP01/01: Thu 8:00–9:50 J5, P. Chládková
JNP01/02: Thu 10:00–11:50 J5, P. Chládková
- The knowledge of German at B1 level (CERF).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- B1 level(CERF)
The main objectives of the course are the following:
. students should improve their academic and specialised skills necessary for studying professional literature in German
. students should be able to follow the latest information in their field of study
- Syllabus: 1.biological, geographical, geological, chemical, mathematical and physical topis according to current importance and interest (necessary vocab)
- 2.general topics: study, residence, hobby, travel, dish, health, communication (necessary vocab)
- 3.grammar: article, gender, declination, conjugation, modal verbs, auxiliary verbs, tenses, participals, passive voice, conditional, word order, conjunctions, clause subordinal, prepositions, derivation, comparation, composition (substantive, adjective)
- 4.writting: letter, CV
- Presentations in German
- Teaching methods
- Listening exercises from audio and video sources with accompanying questions and ensuing discussion, reading comprehension of written texts dealing with popular science themes as well as specific scientific texts, translations into the Czech language, development of curricula, formal letter writing, exercises in basic grammar within scientific content and style, analysis of word structure, word derivation, expansion of casual as well as scientific vocabulary, working with dictionaries, casual and scientific conversation.
- Assessment methods
- Each course is finished by a credit test. The condition for a successful finishing of the course is passing the test(65%) and 85% attendance in the seminars.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information