PřF:C5965 Meth.and tech. of conservation - Course Information
C5965 Selected methods and techniques of conservationFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Aleš Hrdlička, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zdeněk Moravec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Karel Novotný, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jiří Příhoda, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Gabriela Vyskočilová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Příhoda, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 10:00–11:50 Pouze distančně
- basic chemical disciplines, for chemistry of conservation-restoration students, master study
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Main objectives of this teoretical course can be summarized as follows:
Principal information about instrumental analytical and structural techniques and methods that can be utilized in the care and treatment for objects of cultural heritage in the process of their conservation or restoration.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be acquainted with modern analytical instrumental techniques with emphasis on their employment in material survey of cultural heritage artefacts.
- 1. Arc and spark spectrometry with photoelectric and photographic detection, qualitative analysis, evaluation of the emission spectra 2. Inductively coupled plasma for optical emission spectrometry and mass spectrometry (ICP-OES and ICP-MS).
- 3. Laser ablation and optical emission spectrometry with a laser spark (LIBS) for local microanalysis.
- 4. Fundamentals of mass spectrometry with laser microprobe (LAMMA) and ion microprobe (SIMS).
- 5. Glow discharge in the analysis of surfaces - Grimm lamp for optical emission and mass spectrometry.
- 6. X-ray spectrometry, the emission of primary and fluorescent radiation,X-ray absorption spectrometry.
- 7. Energy dispersive and wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry applications.
- 8. X-ray microprobe analyzer, scanning electron microscope, particle induced x-ray emission (PIXE).
- 9. Electron Spectroscopy for Chemical Analysis (ESCA), Auger electron spectroscopy.
- 10. Analytical methods based on diffraction and absorption of neutrons.
- 11. Principles of IR and Raman spectroscopy,their utilization of material investigation.
- 12. Raman laser spectrometry for local microanalysis.
- 13. X-ray diffraction, powder methods.
- 14. Basic information from radiochemistry, types of irradiation, detection and measurement of irradiation.
- 15. Exploitation of nuclear irradiation in the field of conservation-restoration, gamma- spectrometry, neutron activation analysis. Methods of survey based on absorption.
- monografie vztahující se k danému tématu
- Literatura dle doporučení jednotlivých učitelů.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/C5965