FF:KSCB126 Cantonese I - Course Information
KSCB126 Cantonese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- You Yan Rona Chau (seminar tutor), Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 18:00–19:40 B2.21
- KSCA006 Chinese Language I || KSCX01 Modern Chinese I
Basic knowledge of standard Chinese.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 12 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 8/12, only registered: 0/12, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/12
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objective of this course is to introduce students to basic Cantonese (Hong Kong Cantonese focused). Students will be able to hold a simple conversation in Cantonese and to comprehend basic Cantonese dialogues.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to:
hold a basic conversation in Cantonese;
understand simple speech by native Cantonese speaker;
tell the difference with Mandarin on the use of vocabularies
- The course is taught according the Spoken Cantonese for International Students textbook, following the order of the textbook's lessons.
- Chow Bun Ching: Spoken Cantonese for International Students. Hong Kong: Greenwood Press, 2009.
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught by a native speaker who combines various methods including lectures, conversations, audio/video, homework.
- Assessment methods
- To encourage the use of Cantonese, students will be holding short conversations each week based on what they have learned in the previous lecture
There will be a mid-term test of listening
The course is concluded by an oral exam
1 absence allowed in one semester
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/KSCB126