FF:KSCA006 Chinese Language I - Course Information
KSCA006 Chinese Language IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/6/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Yu shan Chou (seminar tutor)
Xin Yu Li (seminar tutor), Bc. Lucia Mydliarová (deputy)
Mgr. Zuzana Pospěchová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Zuzana Pospěchová, Ph.D.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Lucia Mydliarová
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- KSCA006/01: Tue 18:00–19:40 B2.32, Wed 18:00–19:40 B2.23, Thu 18:00–19:40 B2.52, Y. Chou
KSCA006/02: Tue 14:00–15:40 B2.34, Wed 8:00–9:40 B2.32, Thu 12:00–13:40 B2.21, Y. Chou
KSCA006/03: Tue 8:00–9:40 B2.44, Wed 16:00–17:40 B2.24, Thu 16:00–17:40 B2.52, Y. Chou
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- form simple sentences in written and oral modern Chinese language;
- understand simple speech by native Chinese speaker.
- read simple text;
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: - use spoken and written version of new vocabulary - use new grammatical phenomena - answer to basic questions and create basic sentences - react properly in basic dialogue on textbook topics
- The modern Chinese is taught according the Integrated Chinese 1.1 textbook, following the order of the textbook's lessons.
- required literature
- Integrated Chinese : simplified characters. Edited by Yuehua Liu. 3rd ed. Boston: Cheng & Tsui Company, 2010. xxxi, 335. ISBN 9780887276446. info
- Integrated Chinese : simplified characters. Edited by Yuehua Liu. 3rd ed. Boston: Cheng & Tsui Company, 2009. viii, 184. ISBN 9780887276408. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is taught by a native speaker who combines various methods od teaching - seminars, class discussion, conversations, homeworks, written presentations, oral presentations etc.
- Assessment methods
- Final written test.
Besides the test, the following rules must be observed:
1) 4 absences allowed in one semester. In case of 5 or more absences the student fails.
2) The students fullfils all tasks given by the teacher (homeworks, presentations etc.) Unpreparedness is judged as absence.
3) Students must not switch study groups, unless the teacher explicitly approved it.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/KSCA006