PřF:C7440 Coordination and Catalysis - Course Information
C7440 Coordination and CatalysisFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 11:00–11:50 A08/309
- C2021 Organic Chemistry I && C3022 Organic Chemistry II || C2700 Basic Organic Chemistry
The knowledge of the generall and organic chemistry, organic synthesis.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain principles of transition metals and their complexes application in synthesis. An advanced course of organic synthesis for students of chemistry.
- Molecular orbitals of transition metal complexes (ability for bonding, ligand characters, pi-donor, pi-acceptor, d-pi-akceptor ligands), Active particles and catalytic cycles (variability of oxidative states and co-ordinative number, rule of 16/18 electrons). Formation of active particles-activation of substrates by coordination, by addition (oxidative, homolytic and heterolytic addition), elemental processes of coordinated ligands-migration and insertion, migration of coordinated ligands and other reactions, alpha-, beta-eliminations, reductive eliminations and other reactions terminate catalytic cycle).
- Formation of single and duble C-C bonds, coupling reactions (dimerization of alkenes, cross coupling, alkyne syntheses, alkylation by palladium and similar catalyst complexes). Syntheses with application of sigma- and pi-arene complexes (character of coordination and reactivity of coordinated substrates), metathesis of alkenes, allenes.
- Synthesis of carbocycles.Heterocycles synthesis.
- Alkenes isomerization.
- Direct inzertion of carbonyl.
- Redox reactions, hydrogenation and reduction of multiple bond C-C, C-N, C-O, C-S, N-O, assymetric hydrogenation,hydrogenolysis, alkene oxidation, epoxidation, dehydrogenation etc. Stereochemistry of syntheses, chirality of catalysts.
- Nakamura, A.; Tsutsui, M. Principles and Applications of Homogeneous Catalysis, J. Wiley New York 1980
- Colquhoun, H. M.; Holton, J.; Thompson, D. J.; Twigg, M. V. New Pathways for Organic Synthesis, Plenum Press, New York 1981,400 str., ISBN 5-7245-0357-3
- Masters, Ch. Homogeneous Transition-Metal Catalysis, Chapman and Hall, New York 1981
- Petrovi4, P.; Haber, V.; Toma, Š. Základy koordinačnej chémie,Univerzita Komenského Bratislava 1983
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Lectures, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Znalost předmětu bude vyžadována u magisterské státní závěrečné zkoušky!.