doctoral full-time specialized
Included in the programme: PřF D-MA_ Mathematics and Statistics
Final state doctoral examination and defence of the doctoral thesis
Before submitting an application for a state doctoral exam, the doctoral candidate must have fulfilled all the obligations set out in the individual study plan to this milestone.
The Doctoral Board will select three of the following courses for the exam:
- classical algebra,
- algebraic structures,
- number theory,
- discrete mathematics,
- theoretical computer science,
- linear algebra.
A deep understanding of content and context is required.
The dissertation must include the original and published results or the results received for publication.
Requirements of the study
The student has at least four semester subjects during the course of study outside of the dissertation's focus (5-15% of the total workload).
Upon agreement with the supervisor, a separate study will focus on broadening the knowledge of the given field and on the special parts required for the dissertation.
- Dissertation preparation - takes place during the whole study period and constitutes 60-70% of the workload
- Publishing activity - consists of at least one article in an impacted journal, accounts for 10-15% of the workload
- Pedagogical activities (participation in teaching) - Ph.D. student can take part in conducting bachelor's theses, conducting seminars, etc., up to a maximum of 150 hours per study (5-10% of the workload)
- Throughout the course, PhD students continuously report on their project and results at international workshops and seminars (domestic and foreign), including international conferences. The expected extent of this activity is about 5-15% of the total workload
- Active participation in one of the algebraic seminars at the institute (5-10% of the workload)
Part of the study in this doctoral study program is the completion of a part of the study at a foreign institution lasting at least one month or another form of direct student participation in international cooperation
The basic form of doctoral study is a full-time form. It is expected that if a student will properly fulfill all his / her duties, he / she will successfully complete his / her studies after four years of standard study period (he / she will present his / her application for defense and defend in the following period). The combined form should be used exceptionally, especially in cases where, for serious reasons, the student fails to finish his studies after 4 years, although he has properly fulfilled his duties within the ISP. The only task within the combined form is the work on the dissertation project.
Proposal of dissertation topics and topics of defended dissertations
Lattice effect algebras
Jiří Janda (školitel Jan Paseka)
Triads in ordered sets
Radek Šlesinger (školitel Jan Paseka)
On Categories of Algebras
Jan Pavlík (školitel Jiří Rosický)
Washington's group of circular units
Milan Werl (školitel Radan Kučera)
On constructions of left determined model structures
Marc Olschok (školitel Jiří Rosický)