doktorský prezenční se specializací
Zahrnut v programu: PřF D-MAA_ Mathematics and Statistics
Státní doktorská zkouška a obhajoba disertační práce
Before submitting an application for a state doctoral exam, the doctoral candidate must have fulfilled all the obligations set out in the individual study plan to this milestone.
The Doctoral Board will select three of the following courses for the exam:
- classical algebra,
- algebraic structures,
- number theory,
- discrete mathematics,
- theoretical computer science,
- linear algebra.
A deep understanding of content and context is required.
The dissertation must include the original and published results or the results received for publication.
Studijní a výzkumné povinnosti
The student has at least four semester subjects during the course of study outside of the dissertation's focus (5-15% of the total workload).
Upon agreement with the supervisor, a separate study will focus on broadening the knowledge of the given field and on the special parts required for the dissertation.
- Dissertation preparation - takes place during the whole study period and constitutes 60-70% of the workload
- Publishing activity - consists of at least one article in an impacted journal, accounts for 10-15% of the workload
- Pedagogical activities (participation in teaching) - Ph.D. student can take part in conducting bachelor's theses, conducting seminars, etc., up to a maximum of 150 hours per study (5-10% of the workload)
- Throughout the course, PhD students continuously report on their project and results at international workshops and seminars (domestic and foreign), including international conferences. The expected extent of this activity is about 5-15% of the total workload
- Active participation in one of the algebraic seminars at the institute (5-10% of the workload)
Part of the study in this doctoral study program is the completion of a part of the study at a foreign institution lasting at least one month or another form of direct student participation in international cooperation