doctoral full-time specialized
Included in the programme: PřF D-FYA_ Physics
Requirements of the study
The preparation of the dissertation takes place during the whole duration of the studies and comprises at least 60% of the workload.
During the second semester at the latest the students in concert with their advisors create their Individual Study Plan (ISP) and present it for approval to the PhD comission.
At the end of the 3rd year of study i.e. 6th semester at the latest the student
- have passed all theoretical preparation examinations (obligatory ones and the ones chosen with the advisor in the ISP) comprising approximately 20% of the workload (point 4 of the approved ISP) excepting ongoing seminars
- present the results of their work in English at the Institute seminar (point 5 of the approved ISP)
- prove their foreign language competence (point 6 of the approved ISP)
- discharge their duties connected with their pedagogical development (at most 10% of the workload and point 8 of the approved ISP)
At the end of their studies, ideally during the standard 4 year duration of their studies, i.e. at the end of the 8th semester the students
- present their findings at an international scientific conference (point 3 of the approved ISP)
- undergo the obligatory international research internship at least 1 month in duration
- present their findings in an international scientific journal - 10% of the workload ((point 2 of the approved ISP)
- finish their dissertation thesis and file the application to defend their dissertation thesis (point 1 and 2 of the approved ISP)
Proposal of dissertation topics and topics of defended dissertations
Quantum-mechanical study of new nitrides of transition metals, Koutná, Nikola (ongoing thesis). Advisor: Mgr. Martin Friák, Ph.D.
The growth and study of thin films of organic semiconductors, Fišer, Zbyněk (ongoing thesis). Advisor: Mgr. Jiří Novák, Ph.D.
Theoretical study of electronic properties of high-Tc superconductors and other materials with strongly correlated electrons, Geffroy, Dominique Alain (2017). Advisor: prof. Mgr. Dominik Munzar, Dr. (https://is.muni.cz/th/pydt8).
Electronic Structure of the High-Tc Cuprate Superconductors, Vašátko, Jiří (2016). Advisor: prof. Mgr. Dominik Munzar, Dr. (https://is.muni.cz/th/fie9s).
The mechanism of cathodoluminiscence of YAG:Ce monocrystals, Bok, Jan (2014). Advisor: RNDr. Petr Schauer, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/c8bgh).
Optical response of low-dimensional structures, Klenovský, Petr (2013). Advisor: prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/wmzsz).
Dislocation Motion in Three-Dimensional Precipitated Crystals, Záležák, Tomáš (2013). Advisor: prof. RNDr. Antonín Dlouhý, CSc. (https://is.muni.cz/th/e66oa).
|Code||Name||Type of Completion||Credits||Term||Profile Cat.|
|PřF:FA015||Statistical Physics of Particles and Fields||z||4||4||-|
|PřF:FB035||Selected Chapters in Modern Optics||k||3||2||-|
|PřF:FC210||Advanced Quantum Field Theory||z||4||4||-|
|PřF:FK110||Diagrammatic methods in modern condensed matter physics||zk||3+2||1||-|
|PřF:FK120||Physics of strongly correlated electron systems||zk||3+2||2||-|
|PřF:FK130||Monte Carlo simulation as a numerical tool||zk||3+2||3||-|