CST:CJVAJ_ESL English Speaking and Listening - Informace o předmětu
CJVAJ_ESL English Speaking and ListeningCelouniverzitní studia
- 0/2/0. 2 kr. Ukončení: z.
- Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed. (přednášející)
PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D. (pomocník)
- Mgr. Alena Hradilová, Ph.D.
Kontaktní osoba: Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed.
- Students enrolling in the course are expected to have reached the MINIMUM CEFR level of B1+.
Level of the course: European Framework of Reference: B2-C1
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je otevřen studentům libovolného oboru.
Předmět si smí zapsat nejvýše 16 stud.
Momentální stav registrace a zápisu: zapsáno: 5/16, pouze zareg.: 0/16, pouze zareg. s předností (mateřské obory): 0/16
- Cíle předmětu
- The English course in speaking and listening is aimed at students who wish to improve their pronunciation in English, learn to listen to and comprehend spoken English better and who want to improve their skills in online collaboration and the use of contemporary online discussion tools.
The course is also suitable for all students from all degree programmes. It is also suitable for exchange students as the teaching language of the course is English.
This is a fully online course with a MUNI-based teacher to help with getting to know the online classroom. The course consists of both independent work as well as a small final project which will be done in groups. Even though the course has a schedule with set deadlines, the students need to be able to also work independently.
- Výstupy z učení
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
After completing the course, the students:
- are familiar with various listening and speaking theories
- are fluent in communicating orally in a fully online environment
- are more aware of various cultural issues which may arise in multicultural work groups
- are able to create a video presentation individually and in groups
- know how to use different online communication tools
- Speaking theory
- Listening theory
- Pronounciation exercises
- Cultural aspects
- povinná literatura
- TUNI's Moodle system (https://moodle.tuni.fi/) - you will get a login after enrolling
- doporučená literatura
- YouTube Live for video - https://www.youtube.com/dashboard
- Audio recording http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Apple video editor (iMovie) if you have it
- Výukové metody
- The course consists of theory material which the students are required to study independently, individual assignments which are submitted to the teacher as well as a small group project. In the group project the students create short videos in small groups.
The course takes place in an online learning environment Moodle, and half of the students in the course will be from Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland and the other half from Masaryk University. There will be online meetings with the other students and teachers through various online communication tools (Zoom, Hangouts or Skype for example). The students will also be working on short video projects together in small groups. Other learning activities include producing individual audio and video recordings.
The course is divided into 3 sections, which take approximately 3 weeks each to complete with 1 week at the end for feedback. The students need to plan their schedules individually and with their group members.
The course coordinator in Masaryk University is able to help with course queries, problems with technology and overall course running. Topic and assignment queries can be directed to the teacher of that section.
- Metody hodnocení
- The students will be assessed both individually and in groups. Individual assignments consist of learning diaries and podcasts and the group assessment on the final product of the project the students will be done in groups. The assessment methods will include assessment by the teacher, self-assessment as well as peer assessment.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Informace učitele
- The participants need to have access to a computer with speakers/headphones and a microphone. Laptop quality equipment is sufficient. They also need to have video recording ability, but smartphone quality is quite enough (the students do not need to own a video camera).
- Další komentáře
- Studijní materiály
Předmět je vyučován každý semestr.
Poznámka k četnosti výuky: On-line course.
- Statistika zápisu (nejnovější)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/cus/jaro2020/CJVAJ_ESL