CST:CZS55 Approach to Migration - Course Information
CZS55 Approach to Migration in Europe & V4 countriesPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Hana Lupačová (lecturer)
Mgr. Anna Láníčková (lecturer)
Mgr. Beáta Szakácsová (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Kateřina Kirkosová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Michal Tkaczyk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Violeta Osouchová
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Panochová
Supplier department: Pan-university studies
- Tue 25. 2. to Tue 5. 5. each odd Tuesday 16:00–19:00 KOM S116
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 12/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 14 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to present different aspects of migration: forced, irregular as well as legal migration, especially from legal perspective. The European Union has harmonized its visa policies, some other forms of legal migration, policy on international protection and its return policy. It has introduced the Dublin System in order to prevent asylum-shopping. Its application in practice will be discussed in the context of V4 countries. We will talk about how detention is applied within international protection procedures and return procedures and what purpose it serves. Despite harmonization, divergences still remain between individual EU countries. The course sheds light on the approach of Central European countries to this highly debated issue.
- 1. Introduction and Legal Perspectives on Migration 2. International Protection 3. Dublin System. Detention in the Context of Migration. 4. Legal Migration 5. Contemporary migratory flows in Europe, European Border and Coast Guard Agency (Frontex), Forced Returns into the countries of origin 6. Field trip to Reception Center for Refugees. Apart from that a movie projection will take place. Date will be announced upon availability after first lecture. Movie projection and field trip are obligatory.
- See Interactive Syllabus
- Teaching methods
- This course will be taught once in two weeks in 2 hours blocks. Part of the course will be also an excursion to relevant institutions and projection of a movie followed by a discussion.
- Assessment methods
- 100% attendance, active preparation and participation during the course, short written tasks on a relevant topics during the semester
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: class once in two weeks.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/cus/spring2020/CZS55