CST:RSCZJ01 CSL Video Analysis - Course Information
RSCZJ01 Czech Sign Language Video Analysis seminarPan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Bc. Dana Peňázová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Peňáz
Support Centre for Students with Special Needs
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Markéta MacDonald
Supplier department: Support Centre for Students with Special Needs
The students must have a pre-intermediate knowledge of Czech Sign Language in order to register this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 6 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/6, only registered: 0/6, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/6
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to strengthen the students’ knowledge of Czech Sign Language through the analysis of videos in Czech sign language. Students thus have the opportunity to practice translation into Czech, work on their understanding of persons signing Czech Sign Language and increase their awareness of Czech deaf culture.
- One video in Czech Sign Language is analysed each week. The chosen videos are mainly related to the education and cultural life of Czech deaf people.
- Jedná se o praktický kurz a není vyžadováno studium odborné literatury.
- Teaching methods
- analysis of the videos in Czech Sign Language, translation, discussion, reflection
- Assessment methods
- There is no written exam at the end of the course. To successfully complete this course it is necessary to:
attend the classes (80 per cent class attendance) - any potential absence must be properly excused and needs to be discussed individually with the teachers
actively engage in ongoing discussions
do the tasks assigned by the teacher following her instructions
- Language of instruction
- Czech Sign Language
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/cus/spring2020/RSCZJ01