ESF:MPV_RKMD Communication and Man. Skills - Course Information
MPV_RKMD Communication and Managerial Skills trainingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc. (lecturer)
PhDr. Vladimír Hřebíček (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Mon 8:00–9:50 P303
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MPV_RKMD/03: Wed 12:00–15:50 S313, R. Lukášová
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! MPV_COMA Comm & Manag. Skills Training && ! NOW ( MPV_COMA Comm & Manag. Skills Training )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 66 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 22/66, only registered: 0/66, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/66
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge of effective communication for management and, using training methods, to develop students’ communication skills necessary for managing employees and negotiating with partners outside an organization. The introductory blocks concentrate on basic communication skills necessary for efficiency of communication process, the following blocks focus on the development of selected managerial skills.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should have knowledge and skills to be able to: - be effective at conveying information; - be effective at asking questions, listening, making arguments; - apply assertive style of communication; - prepare and make effective oral presentation; - lead an appraisal interview; - negotiate.
- 1. Introduction, requirements for granting a credit. Communication process, verbal and nonverbal communication. Significance of effective communication for management, possibilities and methods for the development of communication skills.
- 2. Basic communication skills. Principles of effective verbal communication. Asking questions - question types, advantages and disadvantages of individual types. Active listening – significance of listening, development of listening skills. Efficient argumentation and persuasion - choice of arguments, formulation of arguments, building arguments.
- 3. Assertiveness and its significance. Assertive, passive and aggressive behavior - characteristics, consequences for managerial work. Assertive rights, assertive techniques. Intrapersonal and interpersonal contribution of assertive thinking and behavior.
- 4. Effective presentation. Preparation and structure of presentation, effective verbal and nonverbal communication during presentation. Visual aids and their significance, principles of their effective use.
- 5. Personality communication types, efficient strategies for dealing with particular types.
- 6. Interviews with colleagues – kinds, significance, principles of effective leadership. Selection interview, assessment interview. Preparation for and principles of effective realization.
- 7. Negotiating. Preparation for negotiating, negotiating styles. Individual and team negotiation.
- required literature
- LUKÁŠOVÁ, Růžena. Komunikace ve správních činnostech ÚSC. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 48 pp. ISBN 80-210-3948-5. info
- Pozitivní řízení : asertivita pro manažery. Edited by Paddy O'Brien. 3. vyd. Praha: Management Press, 2003. 212 s. ISBN 8072610775. info
- HOSPODÁŘOVÁ, Ivana. Prezentační dovednosti. 2. upr. vyd. Praha: Kernberg Publishing, 2007. 172 s. ISBN 9788090396296. info
- recommended literature
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Tajemství úspěšného jednání. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1995. 162 s. ISBN 80-85623-84-6. info
- MENTZEL, Wolfgang. Rozhovory se spolupracovníky. Praha: Grada, 2004. 106 s. ISBN 8024704080. info
- KHELEROVÁ, Vladimíra. Komunikační a obchodní dovednosti manažera. 3., dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2010. 144 s. ISBN 9788024735665. info
- MATĚJKA, Marek and Pavel VIDLAŘ. Vše o přijímacím pohovoru : jak poznat druhou stranu. 2., přeprac. a aktualiz. vy. Praha: Grada, 2007. 213 s. ISBN 9788024719726. info
- Teaching methods
- The course takes the form of both lectures and seminars. Lectures are focused on explaining basic theory, the purpose of seminars is on the basis of training methods (role playing, model situations, training videofilms) to develop communication and managerial skills of students.
- Assessment methods
- Because of the objective of the course (training of communication and managerial skills), seminars are compulsory.
Requirements for granting a credit: attendance at seminars (one unexcused absence at seminars is allowed), elaboration of an assigned topic and its presentation, a knowledge test (minimum level of knowledge 60%).
Presentation topics (students can choose): 1) results of the student’s thesis, 2) student’s own topic (within the scope of the studied field), the aim of the presentation being either to convey information or to persuade.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Pro zapsání MPV_RKMD nesmí mít student absolvovaný nebo současně registrovaný MPV_COMA.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MPV_RKMD