ESF:BKR_GECR Geography - Tourism - Course Information
BKR_GECR Geography - TourismFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Martin Šauer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Vystoupil, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Viturka, CSc.
Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Iveta Suchomelová Vašíčková
Supplier department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sun 23. 2. 9:20–11:50 P106, Sat 12. 4. 9:20–11:50 P106
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! KRGCR Geography - Tourism ) &&(! BKR_GCR Geography - Tourism )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
explain the patterns of spatial distribution of tourism;
analyse importance of location, selective and realization conditions of tourism;
recognize demand factors of tourism;
appraise the causes and consequences of regional differences in spatial distribution of tourism;
- Tourism as object and subject of geographic research;
- Localization factors and conditions of tourism;
- Selective factors and conditions of tourism;
- Realization factors and conditions of tourism, i.e. infrastructure;
- Spatial organization of tourism and recreation (regionalization, typology of tourism resorts, second homes);
- Cartographic approaches and methods in tourism;
- Recreation landscape and factors influencing its use;
- Impacts of tourism on geographic environment (social and physical environmental impacts);
- International tourism;
- Regional tourism geography in Europe;
- 1. VYSTOUPIL J., ŠAUER, M.: Geografie cestovního ruchu. Brno : MU - ESF, 2006. 192 s. Distanční studijní opora.
- VYSTOUPIL, Jiří, Andrea HOLEŠINSKÁ, Josef KUNC, Jaroslav MARYÁŠ, Daniel SEIDENGLANZ, Martin ŠAUER, Petr TONEV and Milan VITURKA. Atlas cestovního ruchu České republiky (Tourism Atlas of the Czech Republic). 1st ed. Praha: Ministerstvo pro místní rozvoj ČR, 2006. 156 pp. ISBN 80-239-7256-1. info
- HALL, C. Michael and Stephen PAGE. The geography of tourism and recreation : environment, place and space. 3rd ed. London: Routledge, 2006. xxi, 427. ISBN 0415335612. info
- WOKOUN, René and Jiří VYSTOUPIL. Geografie cestovního ruchu a rekreace I. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1987. 250 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods:
presentation of selected problems of geography of tourism (project).
- Assessment methods
- Evaluation consists of verifying the student's theoretical knowledge (written test, it is necessary to gain more than 60 % of overall number of points) and the ability to apply this knowledge to real practical example (written seminar work - case study).Weight of written test is 75% and 25% of the case study.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět BKR_GCR.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.