ESF:BKF_FIRI Foundations of Corporate Finan - Course Information
BKF_FIRI Foundations of Corporate FinanceFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Bc. Petr Suchánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA (seminar tutor)
Ing. Mgr. Juraj Hruška, Ph.D. (assistant)
Ing. Oleksandra Lemeshko (assistant)
Ing. Roman Skalický, Ph.D. (assistant)
Ing. Martina Sponerová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Ing. Bc. Tomáš Urbanovský, Ph.D. (assistant)
Ing. Dagmar Vágnerová Linnertová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sun 1. 3. 8:30–11:00 P101, Sun 22. 3. 12:50–15:20 P101, Sun 26. 4. 12:50–15:20 P101, Sun 17. 5. 12:50–15:20 P101
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! KFZFIF Foundations of Corporate Finan
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is designed as the first entry for students of all disciplines and specialties to issues of corporate finance and financial management. The course focuses mainly on the basic functions of financial management - the acquisition of financing resources, their allocation by transfer to non-monetary forms of property and distribution of profit. Key issues in the areas of capital and financial markets, the value of a company, financial planning and financial management of foreign trade activities are contented. After successful completion, students will have: a) Key findings of the theory of corporate finance b) Practical algorithms of financial management firm within the range: 1) property and financial structure management (break even point analysis) 2) cost calculation 3) efficiency of corporate investment
- 1.Instruction organization, credits and tests. Corporate finance, financial objectives and company resources, introduction to the property and financial structure of a company. The evolution of corporate finance as applied science discipline. 2. Companies financial decision-making with a special focus on investment management and product innovation. Introduction to the assessment of the investment efficiency. Introduction to cost calculation. 3. Financial aspects of setting up a company. Company ownership structure. 4. The management of short-term assets. 5. Financial structure of the company. 6. Valuation of financial assets. 7. Company cash flow. 8. Fundamentals of corporate financial analysis. 9. Financial markets and corporate finance. 10. Valuation of a company. 11. Financial planning. 12. The financial health a company and prediction of financial shortcoming. 13. Introduction to the financial management of foreign exchange. Topics of seminars: 1. Organization of seminars, the requirements for accession to the test. Seminary works task. 2. T1 - Basic sources of information about the company (accounting documentation - profit and loss account and balance sheet). Property and financial structure - introduction (financial and operating leverage, net working capital, financing strategy). 3. T1 - Operating lever applications in company development models (break even point analysis). 4. T1 - Test 1 on T1 theme. 5. Presentation of seminary works I. 6. T2 - Introduction to cost calculation, I (cost sorting, absorption method of calculation - the division costing and rate figure costing). 7. T2 - Introduction to cost calculation II (absorption methods of calculation – the overheads percentage method, marginal costing, activity-based costing). 8. T2 - Test 2 on T2 theme. 9. Presentation of seminary works II. 10. T3 - Assessment of investments’ efficiency I (static methods). 11. T3 - Assessment of investments’ efficiency II (dynamic methods). 12. T3 - Test 3 on T3 theme. 13. Introduction to financial analysis (financial health of companies and prediction of financial shortcoming).
- required literature
- KALOUDA, František. Finanční řízení podniku. 2. rozš. vyd. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2011. 299 s. ISBN 9788073803155. info
- recommended literature
- VALACH, Josef. Finanční řízení podniku. 2. aktualizované a rozší. Praha: Ekopress, 1998. 324 s. ISBN 8086119211. info
- VALACH, Josef. Investiční rozhodování a dlouhodobé financování. 2. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Ekopress, 2006. 465 s. ISBN 8086929019. info
- SYNEK, Miloslav. Manažerská ekonomika. 5th ed. Praha: Grada, 2011. 471 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-3494-1. info
- KISLINGEROVÁ, Eva. Manažerské finance. 2. přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2007. xl, 745. ISBN 9788071799030. info
- BREALEY, Richard A., Stewart C. MYERS and Franklin ALLEN. Principles of corporate finance. 8th ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2006. xxviii, 10. ISBN 0072957239. info
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for completion The course is completed with a test, which is written and oral. Successful completion of at least two of the three sub-tests and seminar work evaluated of "passed" are requirements for accession to the test. Three correctly processed POTs are a requirement for accession to the test for extramural studies. "Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination."
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět KFZFIF.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.