ESF:BKP_OPR1 Business Law I - Course Information
BKP_OPR1 Business Law IFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc.
Department of Law - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: JUDr. Jindřiška Šedová, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Law - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 21. 2. 15:30–17:55 P104, Sat 11. 4. 15:30–17:55 P104
- ! KPOPRI Business Law I
The course builds on the basic knowledge and skills in the area:
- teory of the law
- corporate economics.
Students get the knowledge in the Basic Law course and the Corporate Economics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Finance (programme ESF, N-FU)
- Management in Sport (programme FSpS, B-TV, specialization Management of Tourist Trade)
- Management in Sport (programme FSpS, B-TV, specialization Management in Sport)
- Course objectives
- The main goal of this course is to acquaint the students with fundamental institutes of the business law. Introductory part deals with enactment of business, position of entrepreneur and Register of Companies. The second part focuses on types of commercial companies, particularly enactment of incorporation, creation and extinction of a commercial company is explained. The enactment of property relations in a trading company and legal status of partners is also clarified. In the third part, fundamentals of the enactment of commercial legal contractual relationship, enactment of individual types of commercial contracts and their hedging are explained.
At the end of this course students will be able:
- to explain the basic legal rules of individual forms of commercial companies;
- to analyze legal rules of ownership rights application by commercial companies partners;
- to get acquainted with problems of partner’s guarantee for company liabilities;
- to make reasoned decisions about legal claims of creditors of companies;
- to analyze risks associated with making commercial contracts;
- to understand meaning of commercial liabilities and guarantee;
- to work with basic legal documents of Business Law in order to be able to interpret and apply these documents to concrete facts from the corporate environment.
- a) general conditions for business activity and its entities. Entrepreneurs, conditions for business activity, corporate name.
- b) legal negotiation in business activity.
- - authorized representatives of business organizations;
- - manner of acting on behalf of a company, bindig effect of legal acts made on behalf of the company, proctor´s actions;
- - Commercial Register.
- c) Business activity of foreign persons.
- 2. Business organizations I
- a) general regulation of business organization. Classification of business organization.
- b) Comparison (differences) – unlimited liability company (v.o.s. CZ), limited partnership company (k.s. CZ), limited liability company (s.r.o. CZ), joint stock company (a.s. CZ).
- - preconditions for creation of business organizations;
- - property owned by company (contribution, registered capital, share in business, corporate assets and liabilities and their functions);
- - vital preconditions for creation and incorporation of a business organization, compulsory bodies and their power;
- - dissolution, extinction; dissolution of a company with liquidation, dissolution of a company without liquidation.
- 3. Business organizations II
- a) comparison (differences), unlimited liability company (v.o.s. CZ), limited partnership company (k.s. CZ), limited liability company (s.r.o. CZ), joint stock company (a.s. CZ).
- - risks undertaken by and responsibility of authorised representatives, presumption of liability, circumstances excluding liability, authorized representatives´ liability, competition ban, due diligence, managerial contract;
- - rights and responsibilities of members, their participation in company´s management, minority rights, settlement among members due to cessation of participation in a company;
- - members´ liability, property liability of a business organization.
- b) Conversion of business organization.
- c) Company division.
- d) Change in a legal form of a company.
- e) Merger.
- f) Holding company.
- - real holding company and contractual holding company;
- - contract to control the company;
- - relationship between the controlling and controlled person not regulated by the contract to control the company.
- 5. Commercial liabilities.
- Commercial contracts overview. Contract of sale vs. Contract for work done.
- 6. Commercial disputes resolution in judicial proceedings. Bankruptcy and manners of its resolution.
- required literature
- Šedová J. Studijní texty „Obchodní právo 1“. ESF 2013. Portál výuky právních předmětů ESF: Webová adresa: pravoesf.econ.muni.cz. Oprávnění ke vstupu do webové aplikace je k dispozici ve Stud. materiálech předmětu v IS ESF MU
- 2) Rozehnal, A. et al. Obchodní právo. Plzeň: Aleš Čeněk, 2014. 730 s. ISBN 978-80-7380-524-1.
- recommended literature
- 1. Bělohlávek, A. a kol. Komentář k zákonu o obchodních korporacích. Vyd.: první. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, s. r. o., 2013. ISBN 978-80-7380-451-0.
- Zákon č.89/2012 Sb., občanský zákoník, v pozdějším znění
- Zákon č.90/2012 Sb., zákon o obchodních korporacích, v pozdějším znění
- Zákon č. 455/1991 Sb., o živnostenském podnikání, v pozdějším znění
- Teaching methods
- Tutorials are scheduled in two three-hour blocks; the content corresponds to the topics as follows: 1. tutorial: Topic 1-3; 2. tutorial: Topic 4-6.
- Assessment methods
- The course is carried out through distance learning. It finishes with a written exam.The students are allowed to take the final exam after they have written and handed over their seminar work which has been marked by their tutor (POT) within a set time schedule.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět KPOPRI. Doporučuje se absolvovat předmět Základy práva.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2015, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2015/BKP_OPR1