ESF:MPM_VSVS Calculation Systems - Course Information
MPM_VSVS Calculation SystemsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- doc. Mgr. Maria Králová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Luboš Bauer, CSc.
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Hráčková
Supplier department: Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MPM_VSVS/01: Mon 12:50–14:30 VT204, M. Králová
- To enroll in a course a basic computer skills and a basic knowledge of Statistics are needed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 48 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/48, only registered: 0/48, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/48
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the system R and to comprehend the basic philosophy of R and the syntax of its programming language including basic operators and commands, writing procedures, graphics and commands related to some more advanced topics in statistics.
After passing the course, the student will be able to solve practical exercises and problems using R.
- 1. Get familiarized with the system R
- 2. Work with data sets
- 3. Basic commands in R
- 4. Objects
- 5. Constants, operators a mathematical computing
- 6. Manipulating with objects
- 7. Basics of graphics in R
- 8. Programming in R
- 9. External packages
- 10.-12. Selected topics in Statistics and their application in R
- Teaching methods
- The teaching has the form of computer-aided seminar sessions supported by the computer projection screen. Practical training is using system R.
- Assessment methods
- After success at progress test the course is completed by graded credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Student musí mít absolvovaný předmět BPM_STA1 a BPM_STA2 nebo jim analogické předměty.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.