ESF:BKV_MVVS Marketing, fundraising and com - Course Information
BKV_MVVS Marketing, fundraising and communication in non-profit sectorFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Filip Hrůza, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Simona Škarabelová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Simona Škarabelová, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 29. 2. 16:00–17:50 P304, Sat 14. 3. 16:00–17:50 P304
- The course is designed for students of the combined study form in the Public Economy and Administration and Arts Management fields of study.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives focus on comprehending the specifics of public sector marketing, or non-profit sector marketing. Besides an analysis of the individual steps of marketing that are recommended for work in the public or non-profit sector, attention is paid to state-of-the-art "marketing management" as it is viewed by the Fribourg school of management for non-profit organizations, subject of study at our partner university in Switzerland. Students will also learn a brief description of theory and practice of communication, PR, advertising, public affairs, fund-raising (i.e. raising funds for non-profit organizations) and the new public management dealing with current trends of efficient public sector management.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to identify, define and describe basic elements, characteristics and specifics and distinguish between different approaches and directions of marketing in the public sector (public administration, NGO), work with and use different marketing tools and methods and apply them to the practice of public, nonprofit organizations, through the implementation of team projects that students process during the semester on the basis of assignment and in cooperation with real organizations (public administration, NGOs). By combining the theory and practice students will learn within this course critical and analytical thinking, synthesis of the acquired knowledge and findings, also preparation and setting of relevant marketing strategy procedures for different types of non-profit organizations. Students will learn through the implementation of the project how to analyze and build a communication, media, fundraising, sponsorship plans of the organization and, in conjunction with interpretation and theory, will understand the internal interconnection of all these areas, which is finally verified by the test.
- Thematic plan of lectures:
- 1. Fundamentals of marketing, history of marketing, content of marketing.
- 2. Marketing mix in the public sector.
- 3. Market segmentation. Marketing of intangible products.
- 4. Strategic marketing planning. Positioning and repositioning.
- 5. Communication in marketing. Lobbying.
- 6. Public Relation and its surroundings.
- 7. Marketing communication: Critical communication. First written test.
- 8. Marketing communication tool – Advertisement.
- 9. Marketing communication tool – Sponsoring.
- 10. Fundraising.
- 11. Strategic planning.
- 12. New Public Managemet.
- 13. Marketing and internet. Second written test.
- Škarabelová, Simona. Marketing ve veřejném sektorou. Brno: MU, 2007. DSO a elektronická skripta.
- PELSMACKER, Patrick de. Marketingová komunikace. Translated by Vlasta Šafaříková. Praha: Grada, 2003. 581 s. ISBN 8024702541. info
- JANEČKOVÁ, Lidmila and Miroslava VAŠTÍKOVÁ. Marketing služeb. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2000. 179 s. ISBN 8071699950. info
- SMITH, P. R. Moderní marketing. Vyd. 1. Praha: Computer Press, 2000. xxiv, 518. ISBN 8072262521. info
- HANNAGAN, Tim J. Marketing pro neziskový sektor. Translated by Jana Novotná. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 1996. 205 s. ISBN 80-85943-07-7. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, group projects, team work, pressentations skills
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded with a written test; students are also expected to write up a seminar paper consisting of a project of a marketing study.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Pokud se zapíše méně než 15 studentů, může být předmět vyučován více individuálně, příp. blokovou formou.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BKV_MVVS