ESF:BPV_UDEZ Introduction to HCE - Course Information
BPV_UDEZ Introduction to Health Care EconomicsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Hana Jurajdová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Tue 16:00–18:50 P102
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/30, only registered: 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject is understood to be a combination of theory and practice. Course outcomes: Students are introduced to financial flow in health care, list of provided health care services and current payment legislation. Other topics are possible health care business activities and economical aspects of these activities. After this course student should be able to understand common economical terms, practically use basic knowledge of health facilities business activities, Knowledge of legal and economical forms of health care facilities, be able to explain activities of various health care facilities subsystems, to interpret content of important part of health care facility, explain standing, function and relationships of health care facility and economical environment.
- Health as an economic cathegory.
- A role of the government, rationale, tools of public health policy. Main dilemmas.
- Health insurance in the CR
- Reimbursement methods
- Providers: Legal forms, economic aspects of their conduct...
- Introduction to management of health facilities (personal, finantial)
- Basic introduction onto accounting and taxes.
- required literature
- • Malý, I. Vybrané otázky z ekonomie zdravotní péče. Studijní opora pro studenty distančního studia Management ošetřovatelství LF MU, MU Brno, 2004 (elektronicky)
- POTŮČEK, Martin. Veřejná politika. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství (SLON), 2005. 399 s. ISBN 8086429504. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- group exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Předmět bude vyučován 1.-7. týden.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPV_UDEZ