ESF:CKJ_AJEL English preparatory el. course - Course Information
CKJ_AJEL English preparatory elementary courseFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. Type of Completion: -.
- Mgr. Ladislav Václavík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ladislav Václavík, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- ( TYP_STUDIA ( C ) && OBOR ( FINCP ))
Basic to elementary knowledge of English.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Financial advice - Generali Ceska pojistovna, a.s. (programme ESF, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- - to acquire and deepen the knowledge of grammatical structures; - to broaden vocabulary (focussing on professional economic and business terminology as the basis for successful professional communication); - to achieve the B1 level of CEFR
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: - understand a general economic text at lower-intermediate difficulty level; - discuss economic and general topics covered in the course - use English economic terminology relating to their expertise (insurance) - master basic forms of business communication
- Introduction: my job and my company, present tenses, question words
- Accidents; past simple and past continuous
- Products; passive
- Job benefits; present perfect
- Customer satisfaction; comparisons
- Meetings, arrangements; expressing the future
- Insurance business; passive (present perfect)
- Corporate entertainment; conditionals
- Evaluating performance; present perfect 2
- Insurance globally; future predictions
- Managing time; conditionals
- Personal development and training; modal verbs
- Careers; revision
- MURPHY, Raymond. Essential grammar in Use : a self-study reference and practice book for elementary students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. xi, 319. ISBN 9780521675802. info
- COE, Norman, Mark HARRISON and Ken PATERSON. Oxford practice grammar : basic : s výkladem gramatiky v češtině. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. ix, 295. ISBN 9780194579766. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate students of English : with answers. 3rd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. x, 379. ISBN 0521537622. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is conceived as a two-day intense session (3 seminars per day, 600 min in total). The session is followed by a series of online meetings on Zoom, which will take place every 14 days, on Friday. Finally, the course is terminated by another two-day intense session in September.
- Assessment methods
- Final test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/CKJ_AJEL