ESF:DXJ_KAAB English B competence - Course Information
DXJ_KAAB English for academic and specific purposes competence, variant BFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Jurková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 26 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Fulfilment of requirements according to Study and Examination Code, article 28, paragraph 3, letter b.
- Learning outcomes
- This is an exam without tuition.
- REINHART, Susan M. Giving academic presentations. 2nd ed. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2013. xiii, 185. ISBN 9780472035090. info
- Teaching methods
- Students will prepare a 15-20 minute ppt presentation on the topic related to their doctoral thesis. The presentation can be based on a conference paper or a paper already published in conference proceedings / journals, or designed specifically for the purpose of the subject. The aim of the presentation is that students prove to be able to present their work to their colleagues and Language Centre teachers/testers clearly, bearing in mind the non-expert nature of the audience. A Q&A session will play an equal part in the final assessment of the performance.
- Assessment methods
- Language - C1-C2 CEFR level is expected. Students will be evaluated on aspects such as fluency, accuracy, organisation, range and complexity of language. Presentation skills - among others, students will be assessed on aspects such as ability to attract attention to their topic, structure the presentation, deal with questions from the audience or the visual aspect of their presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: This is an exam without any teaching.
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.