ESF:MKF_POJ2 Insurance Industry 2 - Course Information
MKF_POJ2 Insurance Industry 2Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Svatopluk Nečas, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Eva Vávrová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Eva Vávrová, Ph.D.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 21. 3. 12:00–15:50 S309, Sat 4. 4. 16:00–19:50 P103, Sat 16. 5. 12:00–15:50 P103
- Course prerequisites: BPF_POJ1 Insurance, MPF_RRVP Risk Management in Insurance.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
- to extend students' knowledge about business risks insurance;
- to extend students' knowledge about pension systems of selected countries.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- define particular products of business risks insurance
- use the options for the right adjustment of these products
- determine the varieties of these products offered on the insurance market
- understand the principles of settlement of claims within these insurance products
- analyze the current problems of business risks insurance in the Czech Republic
- characterise and analyze pension systems of selected countries.
- 1. Pension systems of selected countries I. (types of systems, reform approaches from the view of international institutions, corporative system – Germany, Austria)
- 2. Pension systems of selected countries II. (residual system – Great Britain, USA)
- 3. Pension systems of selected countries III. (institutionally redistributive system - Sweden; reform in Chile; situation in the Czech Republic)
- 4. Business Risks Insurance – its principles, components and differences from the Civil Insurance (natural hazards, theft, vandalism, real estate, building components, glass, inventory, operational or production facilities, leased or borrowed items, accepted items, valuables, works of art and antiques)
- 5. Technical Risks Insurance (shutdown of machinery or electronic equipment)
- 6. Liability Insurance (defect of a product, accepted item or used property of another, reimbursement of health insurance costs, fire or explosion)
- 7. Professional Liability Insurance
- 8. Liability Insurance for damage caused by management
- 9. Environmental insurance
- 10. Construction Risks Insurance, Erection Insurance. Investor's Loss of Profits Insurance
- 11. Freight Insurance (insurance of things during road transport, insurance of consignments or valuables during road transport; liability Insurance of a road carrier or freight forwarder)
- 12. Agricultural Insurance (crops, livestock)
- 13. Specifics of risk management and settlement of claims in the business risks insurance
- Tutorials organised in three four-hour blocks cover above mentioned topics as follows:
- 1. Topics No. 1 - 3
- 2. Topics No. 4 - 9
- 3. Topics No. 10 - 13
- required literature
- Páleník, Vladislav. Základy pojišťování především průmyslových a podnikatelských rizik. Praha : Linde Praha, a.s., 2007. Počet stran:: 240. ISBN: 978-80-7201-644-0
- VOSTATEK, Jaroslav. Penzijní teorie a politika. 1. vydání. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2016. xix, 267. ISBN 9788074005718. info
- JANATA, Jiří. Principy pojištění podnikatelů a právnických osob. 1. vyd. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2014. 127, . ISBN 9788074311406. info
- JANATA, Jiří. Pojištění a management majetkových podnikatelských rizik. Vyd. 1. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2004. 87 s. ISBN 8086419649. info
- recommended literature
- DUCHÁČKOVÁ, Eva. Pojištění a pojišťovnictví. 1. vydání. Praha: Ekopress, 2015. 305 stran. ISBN 9788087865255. info
- DUCHÁČKOVÁ, Eva and Jaroslav DAŇHEL. Teorie pojistných trhů. 1. vyd. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2010. 216 s. ISBN 9788074310157. info
- BÖHM, Arnošt. Pojištění pohledávek v mezinárodním obchodě. 1. vyd. [Praha]: Professional Publishing, 2009. 150 s. ISBN 9788074310041. info
- DAŇHEL, Jaroslav. Pojistná teorie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Professional Publishing, 2005. 332 s. ISBN 8086419843. info
- Teaching methods
- tutorials (discussion to course topics)
- Assessment methods
- Type of teaching: tutorials
Requirements for admission to the exam:
Submission of seminar papers (referred to as POT) with the assessment "passed", otherwise (assessment "failed") the student will not be admitted to the exam.
The exam has a written form.
The final mark is made up of the result of the written exam (maximum 10 points), eventually classification of POT added (a bonus of up to 0.5 point).
A: 92 – 100 % (9.2 – 10 points),
B: 84 – 91 % (8.4 – 9.1 points),
C: 76 – 83 % (7.6 – 8.3 points),
D: 68 – 75 % (6.8 – 7.5 points),
E: 60 – 67 % (6.0 – 6.7 points),
F: less than 60% (less than 6 points).
Warning: Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKF_POJ2