ESF:MKF_SPSC Special Seminar C - Course Information
MKF_SPSC Special Seminar CFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Petr Valouch, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Josef Nešleha (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Jaroslav Sedláček, CSc.
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 22. 2. 8:00–11:50 S311, Sat 7. 3. 8:00–11:50 S311, Sat 4. 4. 8:00–11:50 S311
- The special seminar C course extends the knowledge acquired in previous studies of Financial Accounting, Taxes and Financial management.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to prepare students for state exams specialization of financial management, accounting and taxes.
- Learning outcomes
- After comletion of the course, students will collate, widen and deepen the knowledge gained in this area in previous studies. They will be able to explain basic methods and practices of financial management, accounting and taxes that can take part during the discussion at the final state exams.
- Heading Financial management
- - Corporate financial management: nature, principles, objectives, structure, short-term financial management, current assets, current assets management, liquidity and net working capital, short-term financing. - Property and financial structure of the company: influencing factors, connections, optimization of the financial structure of the company. - Interest rate as a tool of capital allocation: interest rate and its influence on the financial structure of a company, time value of money. - Investment decision-making and evaluation of investment efficiency: investment strategies, types investment flows, investment appraisal methods, the impact of interest, taxes and inflation on investment decisions. - Sources of enterprise financing: characteristics and classification of financial resources, internal resources (profit and loss) its growth factors, reserve funds, depreciation), external sources (stocks, bonds, loans), alternative sources (project financing, leasing, factoring, forfaiting), advantages and disadvantages of sources. - Dividends and dividend policy of an enterprise: nature, types of dividends and dividend policy, factors influencing dividend policy, dividend taxation, recognition of dividend entitlement. - Methodological apparatus of financial analysis: horizontal and vertical analysis, ratios, DuPont pyramid system. - Prediction of financial distress: creditworthy and bankruptcy models, their concept and predicative ability (Q-test, Z-function, Tamari model). - Business performance management: factors influencing performance, EVA - Economic Value Added, Balanced Scorecard, benchmarking and their use in business performance management. - Corporate budgets and control techniques: budget and financial plan, calculations, budget myths, budgeting methodologies (incremental method, ZBB, CMP, PPB, KAIZEN, WCM, contingency approaches).
- Heading Accounting and auditing
- - Conceptual framework of International Financial Reporting Standards: characteristics, meaning, content. - Organization and techniques of accounting: financial and managerial accounting, accounting records and books, financial statements according to Czech legislation in comparison with IFRS, information technology in accounting processing. - Tangible and intangible fixed assets: characteristics, structure, comparison of reporting under Czech accounting legislation and IFRS. - Inventories: method of accounting A and B, valuation of stock withdrawn of the same type, accounting at the end of the accounting period, stocktaking, adjustments, comparison with IFRS. - Short-term financial assets and short-term bank loans: characteristics, comparison of reporting according to Czech accounting legislation and IFRS. - Equity and long-term liabilities (debts): characteristics, comparison of reporting according to Czech accounting regulations and IFRS, accounting of issues of shares and bonds. - Establishment, establishment, dissolution and extinction of business corporations, deposits in business corporations: monetary, non-monetary deposits, changes in share capital, accounting aspects. - Acquisitions of capital and assets, mergers of business corporations: acquisition methods and accounting procedures from the point of view of the acquirer and seller, types of mergers, legal procedures, accounting methods. - Consolidated financial statements: consolidated group, consolidation methods, consolidated financial statements. - Accounting for financial institutions and insurance companies: specifics, financial statements and audit of financial institutions and insurance companies. - Audit of financial statements: meaning, objective, focus, content, auditor's report, legal regulation of audit in the Czech Republic, code of ethics, Czech Chamber of Auditors - Preliminary planning procedures and audit process: assessment of the client's business and control environment, risk assessment, reliability and substantive procedures.
- Heading Taxation
- - Tax system in the Czech Republic: types of taxes, legislation, Community law, tax administration, registration and information obligations of businesses, avoidance of double taxation. - Personal income tax: subject of tax, tax exemption, tax base, tax and non - tax expenditures, tax records, rates and tax collection, tax return, tax accounting - Taxation of employees' wages and salaries: taxable wages, deductions of health and social insurance premiums, net wages and payables, annual clearance of income tax advances - Corporation income tax: subject of tax, tax exemption, determination of tax base from accounting profit, tax and non-tax expenses, rates and tax collection, tax return, tax accounting and impact on the economic result of the enterprise. - Property taxes: road tax, real estate tax, real estate acquisition tax (subject to individual taxes, exemption, tax base and rates, tax collection, tax returns, tax accounting and impact on the economic result of the company. - VAT: subject of tax, place of taxable supply, reverse charge, basis and tax rates, tax documents, tax return and recapitulative statement, VAT accounting and impact on the economic result of the company. - VAT: exempt transactions, right to deduct, tax deduction and adjustment, special arrangements, tax accounting. - Excise and environmental taxes: subject of tax and rate, tax exemption, taxation technique, tax returns, accounting for these taxes and impact on the economic result of the company.
- required literature
- Kompletní literatura je dána povinnou a doporučenou literaturou předmětů bloku C, tedy specializace Finanční řízení, účetnictví a daně (jejich seznam viz https://www.econ.muni.cz/o-nas/organizacni-struktura/561700-katfinanci/szz-na-kf)
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation for the final state examination.
- Assessment methods
- Presentation of seminar paper, credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Credit evaluation note: k = 1,00.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKF_SPSC