ESF:MKJ_JFJ2 Foreign Language II - Course Information
MKJ_JFJ2 Foreign Language IIFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Marie Červenková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniela Veškrnová (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Blanka Pojslová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Marie Červenková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Mgr. Lucie Jurková
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Economics and Administration Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- (! MKJ_JAZ2 Foreign Language II )
At the beginning of the course students should have elementary or lower-intermediate knowledge of the general language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course:
- to acquire the specialized language of business and economics
- to improve general language skills
- to be able to understand a specialized text
- to master less demanding forms of business communication
Students should achieve the B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
After successful completion of the course, the specialized language will be an open system which the students can adapt to their professional needs.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students should be able to:
- understand the main ideas of comprehensible writing texts on common themes;
- deal with most situations that may occur during travel;
- write a simple business letter;
- briefly explain their views and plans
- Making contact - (a new job, at an airport, phone calls); Daily programme, a day at work (fixing and cancelling an appointment, putting off an appointment; daily routine; basics of business correspondence);
- Travelling (asking and giving directions, itinerary, city traffic, turism);
- Hotel (booking, stay, complaints);
- Restaurant (ordering meals, recepies, gastronomy);
- Company (characteristics, economic sectors, company hierarchy);
- Work (assigning tasks, working relationships, work abroad);
- Recruitment - Looking for a job (job opportunities, covering letter, CV, a job interview);
- required literature
- PENFORNIS, Jean-Luc. Français.com : [méthode de français professionnel et des affaires]. Paris: Cle International, 2002. 96 s. ISBN 2090331720. info
- PRAVDA, Miroslav and Marie PRAVDOVÁ. Francouzština pro samouky [SPN, 1991]. 3. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1991. 570 s. : i. info
- recommended literature
- BERTHET, Annie and Béatrice TAUZIN. Comment vont les affaires? :cahier d'exercices. Paris: Hachette Livre, 2001. 111 s. ISBN 2-01-155145-5. info
- Teaching methods
- Self-study preparation for the examination.
- Assessment methods
- Examination: written and oral
- 60% of points in the written examination are required for the admission to the oral part.
- 60% pass mark for the oral part involving reading comprehension of a didactised specialist text and subsequent discussion over the selected topic.
If a student is caught using forbidden tools, cribbing, taking out any part of the exam, or cheating in any other way, the teacher is allowed to interrupt the exam and to grade the student with F, FF, or FFF according to the seriousness of the offence.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět KJAZ2. Zkoušku z jazyka II může student absolvovat v průběhu studia, nejpozději však do termínu státní závěrečné zkoušky.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- FF:MED17 Practical French I
!FJIA003 && !obor(FJ) && !program(B-FJ_) && ! ROMFJIB2XP && !ROMFJIBXJ && !ROM1BFR01 && !MED29 && !MED23 && !NOWANY(MED23, MED29, ROMFJIBXP, ROM1BFR01) && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ4 && !PdF:FJ0004 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ3 && !PdF:FJ0003 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ2 && !PdF:FJ0002 && !PdF:FJBV_FPZ1 && !PdF:FJ0001 && !PrF:MP109Z && !FSS:CJVF101 && !FSS:CJVF401 && !PřF:JFP01 && !ESF:BKJ_JFJ1 && !ESF:BPJ_JI1F && !ESF:MKJ_JFJ2 && !ESF:MPJ_JIIAF && !ESF:MPJ_JII1Fa && !NOWANY(PdF:FJBV_FPZ1, PdF:FJBV_FPZ3, PdF:FJ0001, PdF:FJ0003, PrF:MP109Z)
- FF:MED17 Practical French I