ESF:MKV_ANVP Public policy analysis - Course Information
MKV_ANVP Public policy analysisFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Marek Pavlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Ivan Malý, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 7. 3. 12:00–15:50 P201, Fri 3. 4. 14:00–17:50 P201, Fri 17. 4. 16:00–19:50 P201
- No special prerequisites are set up.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand principles of policy formulation and policy analysis in the general context as well as in the context of health policy. The course is split into two smodules. The first provides a general knowledge base about public policy and public policy analysis, while the second applies this knowledge on health policy.
Expected learning outcomes: be able to understand and analyze the context of public policies, be aware of policy analysis process; be able to suggest simple policy as well as analyze weaknesses of existing public policies; gain better writing as well as presentation skills.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- evaluate outputs and coutcomes of puiblic policies
- to analyze thje process of policy formulation and implementation
- to understand basic priciples of health care sector and health economics
- to apply methods of economic analysis on policy issues
- MODULE 1 Public policy
- 1) Principles and problems public policy
- 2) Public policy in theory and in the context of government
- 3) Actors' of public policies
- 4) Principles of public policy formulation
- 5) Policy analysis, policy advocacy - principles and problems
- 6) Selected methods of policy analysis
- MODUL 2 - Health politics and policy
- Health policy and health care policy; Demand and supply of health care; actors' of health policy; Economics aspects of health policy; analysis of selected issues
- recommended literature
- Social health insurance systems in western Europe. Edited by Richard B. Saltman - Reinhard Busse - Josep Figueras. Maidenhead: Open University Press, 2004. xv, 310 p. ISBN 0335213634. info
- Critical challenges for health care reform in Europe. Edited by Richard B. Saltman - Josep Figueras - Constantino Sakellarides. Buckingham: Open University Press, 1998. xvi, 424. ISBN 0335199712. info
- not specified
- Potůček, M., Pavlík, M. a kol.: Veřejná politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- Malý, I., Kotherová, Z. - Zdravotní politika. Výstup projektu OPVK 2015
- DUNN, William N. Public policy analysis : an introduction. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2007. xv, 496. ISBN 9780136155546. info
- Analysing public policy. Edited by Peter John. London: Continuum, 1998. 227 s. ISBN 1855675862. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures; group discussions,; readings; group work
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for being eligible to take the examination include two semestral works; min. points for oral exam: 25pts.
The final grade is composed of: oral final exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 12 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKV_ANVP