ESF:MKV_ESZS Social Security,Social Service - Course Information
MKV_ESZS Social Security and Social ServicesFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mirka Wildmannová, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Fri 21. 2. 12:00–15:50 P201, Sat 4. 4. 16:00–19:50 P201, Fri 15. 5. 12:00–15:50 P201
- ( BKV_ZASP Basics of Social Policy )
The prerequisites for this subject include passing the following courses: Public Sector Economy, Social and Public policy.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students have previous knowledge of social security from a number of subjects during Stages One and Two of their study. This course develops further the gained knowledge and presents a deeper insight into this important socio-economic system by the means of: concrete analysis of individual elements of social security, offering variants of possible solutions, their premises and consequences, comparing different social security systems from the historical and international point of view, analyzing the present state of transformation in the field of social security, and possible future development in the Czech Republic. The emphasis is put on the institutional and legal provisions, current issues, financial instruments and also on the present concept of organizing social services.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to complete the subject:
- identify individual social affair and place them in the system - identify social security system - social insurance;
- to specify individual benefits of state social support including the legislative and economic process;
- to specify individual benefits of social assistance including the legislative and economic process;
- know the economic and legislative context of the social services system, including institutional and ambulant security;
- 1. funding, macroeconomic background;
- 2. history of social security systems;
- 3. security system for the elderly;
- 4. health security system and security system for handicapped people;
- 5. family system;
- 6. unemployment, migration policy;
- 7. poverty;
- 8. social services;
- 9. management of national systems, social policy
- required literature
- KREBS, Vojtěch. Sociální politika. 6., přepracované a aktuali. Praha: Wolters Kluwer, 2015. 566 stran. ISBN 9788074789212. info
- recommended literature
- PILÁT, Miroslav. Komunitní plánování sociálních služeb v současné teorii a praxi. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2015. 198 stran. ISBN 9788026209324. info
- ČÁMSKÝ, Pavel, Jan SEMBDNER and Dagmar KRUTILOVÁ. Sociální služby v ČR v teorii a praxi. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, 2011. 263 stran. ISBN 9788026200277. info
- WILDMANNOVÁ, Mirka. Sociální politika. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2005. 128 s. ISBN 8021036575. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures class discussion homework
- Assessment methods
- The exam involves a midterm exam (basic knowledge) and a final oral exam.
Course requirements include the presentation of a chosen topic in class and writing up a seminar paper.
If students commit a prohibited act, such as using various forbidden tools, cribbing, taking out any part of the exam or any other cheating, the teacher is allowed to interrupt an exam and to grade a student with F, FF or FFF according to the seriousness of the offence. The mentioned procedure relates to all the activities that are included in the final evaluation of the course (seminar work, essays, tests etc.).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
General note: Zapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali BKV_ZASP. Pokud se zapíše méně než 15 studentů, může být předmět vyučován více individuálně, příp. blokovou formou.
Credit evaluation note: k=1.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKV_ESZS