ESF:MKV_RKMD Comm & Manag. Skills Training - Course Information
MKV_RKMD Communication and Managerial Skills TrainingFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Růžena Lukášová, CSc.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 22. 2. 10:00–13:50 P302a, Sat 7. 3. 10:00–13:50 P302a, Sat 21. 3. 10:00–13:50 P302a, Sat 18. 4. 10:00–13:50 P302a
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The objective of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge of effective communication for management and, using training methods, to develop students’ communication skills necessary for managing employees and negotiating with partners outside an organization. The introductory blocks concentrate on basic communication skills necessary for efficiency of communication process, the following blocks focus on the development of selected managerial skills.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should have knowledge and skills to be able to: - be effective at conveying information; - be effective at asking questions, listening, making arguments; - use assertive style of communication; - prepare and make effective oral presentation; - negotiate; - lead an appraisal interview.
- The lessons take the form of four workshops in which both lectures and tutorials are combined.
- Thematic blocks:
- 1. Communication process, verbal and nonverbal communication. Significance of effective communication for management, possibilities and methods for the development of communication skills. Principles of efficient verbal and nonverbal communication. Presentation and analysis of "Our Colleague - Our Customer" training video.
- 2. Basic communication skills. Asking questions - question types, advantages and disadvantages of individual types. Active listening – significance of listening, development of listening skills. Efficient argumentation and persuasion - choice of arguments, formulation of arguments, building arguments. Effective presentation - preparation and structure of presentation, effective verbal and nonverbal communication during presentation, visual aids - their significance, principles of their effective use.
- 3. Assertiveness and its significance. Assertive, passive and aggressive behavior - characteristics, consequences for managerial work. Assertive rights, assertive techniques. Intrapersonal and interpersonal contribution of assertive thinking and behavior. Basic assertiveness skills: giving praise and criticism, making an assertive request, refusing an unacceptable request, reactions to justified criticism, reactions to unjustified criticism. Presentation and analysis of "Communication Intelligence" training video.
- 4. Interviews with colleagues – kinds, significance, principles of effective leading. Personality communication types, efficient strategies for dealing with individual types. Appraisal interview. Preparation for and principles of effective realization. Negotiating. Preparation for negotiating, negotiating styles. Individual and team negotiation. Presentation and analysis of "Appraisal Interview" training video.
- required literature
- LUKÁŠOVÁ, Růžena. Komunikace ve správních činnostech ÚSC. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2006. 48 pp. ISBN 80-210-3948-5. info
- HOSPODÁŘOVÁ, Ivana. Prezentační dovednosti. 2. upr. vyd. Praha: Kernberg Publishing, 2007. 172 s. ISBN 9788090396296. info
- HOSPODÁŘOVÁ, Ivana. Veřejná prezentace od A do Z. Illustrated by Zuzana Holečková. 1. vyd. Praha: Expertis, 1997. 71 s. ISBN 80-902446-1-0. info
- recommended literature
- KŘIVOHLAVÝ, Jaro. Tajemství úspěšného jednání. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 1995. 162 s. ISBN 80-85623-84-6. info
- MENTZEL, Wolfgang. Rozhovory se spolupracovníky. Praha: Grada, 2004. 106 s. ISBN 8024704080. info
- KHELEROVÁ, Vladimíra. Komunikační a obchodní dovednosti manažera. 3., dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2010. 144 s. ISBN 9788024735665. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and training methods (model situations, role playing, group discussions, training videofilms)
- Assessment methods
- Students’ knowledge will be checked using the evaluation of an assigned semester paper and using the final written test, which will focus on the theoretical knowledge and students’ ability to apply the acquired knowledge and skills on specific practical examples. The conditions for granting a credit include a successful elaboration of the assigned paper and passing the written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 16 hodin.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/MKV_RKMD