ESF:BKV_VES1 Public Administration I - Course Information
BKV_VES1 Public Administration IFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Ing. Filip Hrůza, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Juraj Nemec, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. David Špaček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. David Špaček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. David Špaček, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Jana Biskupová
Supplier department: Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce students the scope of the public administration in the theoretical, international, historical and particularly Czech context.
Main course objectives can be summarized as follows:
- to introduce the basic public sector and public administration theory a apply it in the Czech context;
- to introduce and apply the basic theory of state and basic ideas of Czech administrative law theory;
- to introduce and characterize Czech public administration reform after 1989 till the present and to enhance the knowledge on its selected outputs (territorial public administration, central administration and their employees);
- to introduce and discuss special public administration topics (e-government, civil service, legislative process, public tenders, management of crisis).
- Learning outcomes
- By passing the course students:
- obtain knowledge that enable tham to understand specifics of public administration and the public sector;
- will be able to analyze potential and issues of political systems;
- will understand a specific role of individual types of public authorities in the Czech Republic;
- will understand systém of public tenders and will be able to apply the obtained knowledge.
- Supposed topics of lectures are the following:
- 1. Public sector and public administration theory - introduction
- 2. Forms of government
- 3. Czech public administration reform
- 4. Municipalities and their problems
- 5. Regional administration and its problems
- 6. Role and problems of central government in the Czech Republic
- 7. E-government - aims, trends, situation in the CR
- 8. Civil service in the CR
- 9. Public tendering, problems, control mechanisms
- 10. Use of public property
- 11. Accountability and PA control system
- required literature
- Studijní materiály připravené vyučujícím.
- Příslušná legislativa.
- Aktuální informace na webu příslušných subjektů veřejné správy.
- HENDRYCH, Dušan. Správní právo. Obecná část. 5. rozšíř. vyd. Praha: C.H.BECK, 2003. 793 pp. ISBN 80-717-9671-9. info
- recommended literature
- Filip, Jan - Svatoň, Jan - Zimek, Josef. Základy státovědy. 3. opr. a zkrác. vyd.. -- Brno : Masarykova univerzita, 2002. 264 s. ISBN 8021030232.
- Teaching methods
- The course combines two present tutorials and self-studying of students which relates particularly to questions enumerated in studying materials prepared for individual lectures. The questions are partly discussed during the present tutorials.
- Assessment methods
- In order to pass the subject, students are required to write two tests. If they do not obtain a specified number of points, they are required to pass a written final test.
Requirements (including the literature) are further specified in the interactive scheme and the downloadable studying plan before the semester starts.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: k=1
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 8 hodin.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutoriál 8 hodin.