FI:DPITS EIT Systems and Services - Course Information
DPITS Enterprise IT Systems and ServicesFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Renate Motschnig (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Dana Komárková (assistant)
Ing. Nikola Šimková, PhD. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Petr Hliněný, Ph.D.
Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Faculty of Informatics
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( DEMBSY Embedded systems , DFOME Formal Methods , DMKZI Quantum Information Processing , DPGZO Graphics & Image Processing , DMPOS Computer Networks Methods , DMZDD Digital Data Processing , DZPJUI NLP and AI Methods , DPOSO Advances in Concurrency , DRPSEC Research in comp.security )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are the following:
enhance the knowledge in the area of enterprise information systems and modern software architectures; improve skills in design and implementation methods; understand quality assurance in software development and IT services. The course also covers technology-enhanced learning based on humanistic (person-centered) approach, its methods and tools. Students may participate in a commercial research during the course.
- Enterprise information systems (CRM, ERP, among others).
- Advanced techniques for development and operation of information systems. Management of large databases. Event filtering and aggregation in IS. Effectivness of large datasets processing. Ergonomy and design of GUIs for IS.
- Large enterprise system architectures. Methods for design and implementation of service-oriented architectures. Principles of SAAS, live systems, cloud computing.
- Modern Web applications (Web 2.0), their principles, technology, and business models. Software development in context of the modern web requirements.
- Testing large software systems.
- Quality management, ISO 20000, CMMI, ITIL.
- Risk management, Theory of Constraints. Crisis management, Six sigma, Balanced scorecards.
- Business processes, IT support, performance measurement. Business Process Management. Methods for BPM design.
- Interoperability, IT standards and standardization.
- Technology-enhanced Learning including humanistic (Person-Centered) approach.
- Participation in commercial research projects.
- Teaching methods
- Consultations and individual research and presentation work based on mutual agreement with the supervisor. The student collaborate on R&D projects with the industry, public sector, and international projects ans research structures. Teamwork is a key instrument in the student's effort.
- Assessment methods
- The results achieved in the individual work corresponding to the supervisor's requirements are assessed.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- DEMBSY Embedded systems
- DFOME Formal Methods in Theory and Practice
- DMKZI Quantum Information Processing Methods
- DMPOS Computer Networks Methods
- DMZDD Digital Data Processing Methods
- DPGZO Computer Graphics and Image Processing
- DPOSO Advances in Concurrency
- DRPSEC Research project in computer security
- DZPJUI Advanced Methods for Natural Language Processing and Artificial Intelligence
- DEMBSY Embedded systems
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/DPITS