FI:P131 Digital Image Processing - Course Information
P131 Digital Image ProcessingFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Michal Kozubek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
High-Resolution Cytometry Laboratory - Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Michal Kozubek, Ph.D.
- Mon 9:00–10:50 C416
- ( M000 Calculus I || M500 Calculus I || X001 Matematická analýza 1 ) && ( M003 Linear Algebra and Geometry I || M503 Linear Algebra and Geometry I )
Knowledge at the level of the following courses is assumed: M000 Mathematical Analysis I, M003 Linear Algebra I, V001 English exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this lecture is to introduce the students to the basics of digital image processing. The students will gain knowledge about the available techniques and possibilities of this field. The lecture serves as the base for all those who want to attend to the topic in more details.
- Acquisition of 2D and 3D image data, process of signal digitization.
- Properties of the digital image, types of noise.
- Fourier transform and Nyquist sampling theorem.
- Convolution, PSF, OTF.
- Image preprocessing, linear and non-linear filters.
- Edge detection.
- Global and local thresholding, binary image and its modification.
- Mathematical morphology.
- Image segmentation.
- Object description.
- Object classification.
- Digital image processing in practice, biomedical applications.
- PRATT, William K. Digital image processing. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1991. xiv, 698. ISBN 0471857661. info
- SONKA, Milan, Václav HLAVÁČ and Roger BOYLE. Image processing analysis and machine vision [2nd ed.]. 2nd ed. Pacific Grove: PWS Publishing, 1999. xxiv, 770. ISBN 0-534-95393-X. info
- ŠONKA, Milan and Václav HLAVÁČ. Počítačové vidění. Praha: Grada, 1992. 252 s. ISBN 80-85424-67-3. info
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2001/P131