FI:PV175 MS Windows Management I - Course Information
PV175 MS Windows Systems Management IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Libor Dušek (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D. (deputy)
Ing. David Leška (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondrej Šebela (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Libor Dušek
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Knowledge of operating systems fundamentals (at least comparable to PB152 Operating Systems course). User experience with Windows XP or later.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 132/150, only registered: 0/150, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/150
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 80 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objective of this course is to provide students with solid knowledge needed for implementing and supporting client MS Windows operating systems. Course can be used as a preparation for Microsoft "Exam 70-698"
- Learning outcomes
- Student is able to administrate desktop workstations with MS Windows.
- Installation of Windows 10
- Basic System Configuration
- User & Group Accounts
- Configuring Network Connectivity
- Active Directory Fundamentals
- NT File System, File Sharing, Local & Network Access Permissions
- Hardware Devices & Drivers
- Disk & Data Management
- Security Audit
- Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Supporting Remote Users
- Troubleshooting the Boot Process
- Windows Registry
- Encrypting File System
- Scripting basics
- MCLEAN, Ian ; THOMAS, Orin . MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): : Configuring Microsoft® Windows 7. 1. Redmond, Washington : Microsoft Press, 2009. 912 s. ISBN 0-7356-2708-8.
- TULLOCH, Mitch ; NORTHRUP, Tony ; HONEYCUTT, Jerry . Windows 7 Resource Kit. Redmond, Washington : Microsoft Press, 2009. 1760 s.
- Teaching methods
- Distance form of education, E-learning with self-driven practical exercises on virtual machines.
- Assessment methods
- The exam is in a form of written test. During semester continuous e-learning testing is required (similar to PV004 course).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2022/PV175