FI:PB154 Database Systems - Course Information
PB154 Database SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Michal Batko, Ph.D. (assistant)
- prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Pavel Zezula, CSc.
- Wed 12:00–13:50 VD182
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! P002 Introduction to Database Systems &&! P502 Introduction to Database Systems
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to teach students principles of database systems and design methods for developing database applications.
- Introduction; Entity-Relationship model; relational model; query language SQL; integrity constraints; relational database design; object-oriented databases; storage and file structures; indexing and hashing; query processing; transaction management; concurrency control; recovery system; new trends in database systems.
- A. Silberschatz, H.F. Korth, and S. Sudarshan. Database System Concepts (third edition), McGraw-Hill, 1998, ISBN: 0-07-031086-6.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Přednášky, zakončení písemnou zkouškou.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses