FI:PV072 Humanitarian Computer Applicat - Course Information
PV072 Humanitarian Computer ApplicationsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Ivan Kopeček, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Karel Pala, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Ivan Kopeček, CSc.
- Tue 10:00–11:50 X Datový projektor, Tue 10:00–11:50 B410
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! P072 Humanitarian Computer Applications
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Ethically motivated applications are the main goal of this seminar. The central theme is computer support of visually impaired people.
- Ethically motivated applications are the main goal of this working seminary. The central theme is supporting visually impaired people. Some possible topics are:
- Information systems for visually impaired people.
- Orientation of blind people.
- Obstacle detection.
- Internet, WWW.
- Computer games for blind people.
- Applications of isolated word recognition.
- Applications of speech synthesis.
- Support of informatics studium for visually impaired.
- Applications of ASR.
- Work on a phonetical corpus.
- And other topics - ideas are welcomed.
- Literatura bude dle potřeby zadána v souvislosti s programem semináře.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Seminář diskutující současné problémy v oblasti asistivních technologií.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information