FI:PB007 Software Engineering I - Course Information
PB007 Software Engineering IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lukáš Daubner (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Stanislav Chren (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Kadaši (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Matěj Karolyi (seminar tutor)
Bc. Jan Konstant (seminar tutor)
Bc. Tomáš Krutý (seminar tutor)
Mgr. František Lachman (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marián Macik (seminar tutor)
Bc. Markéta Naušová (seminar tutor)
Bruno Rossi, PhD (seminar tutor)
Bc. Daniel Schramm (seminar tutor)
Roman Solař (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Macák (assistant)
Marko Řeháček (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PB006 Princ. of Prog Lang. and OOP || NOW ( PB006 Princ. of Prog Lang. and OOP ) || PB161 C++ Programming || NOW ( PB161 C++ Programming ) || PB162 Java || NOW ( PB162 Java ) || IB114 Intro to Programming & Algs II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 60 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Introduction to software engineering.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should:
know the basic steps and tasks of the IS development process;
have detailed understanding of the techniques of requirements specification, system analysis and design, testing and maintenance;
know the characteristics of object-oriented approach to system analysis and design;
be able to model a medium-size IS in UML.
- Software development, UML Use Case diagram.
- Requirements specification, UML Activity diagram.
- System analysis and design, structured vs. object-oriented A&D.
- Object oriented analysis, UML Class diagram, Object diagram and State diagram.
- Data modelling and management, ERD.
- High-level design, UML Class diagram in design.
- Low-level design and implementation, UML Interaction diagrams.
- Architecture design, UML Package, Component and Deployment diagram.
- Testing, verification and validation.
- Operation, maintenance and system evolution.
- Software development management.
- Advanced software engineering techniques.
- SOMMERVILLE, Ian. Software engineering. 6th ed. Harlow: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 2001. xx, 693. ISBN 020139815X. info
- ARLOW, Jim and Ila NEUSTADT. UML 2.0 and the unified process : practical object-oriented analysis and design. 2nd ed. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2005. xxiii, 592. ISBN 9780321321275. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, team projects (2-3 member teams).
- Assessment methods
- Team UML project (required to be completed before the exam), weekly tests (10 tests, 20 points) and final written exam consisting of a test (7 questions, 35 points) and UML model (35 points). At least 50 points are required for passing the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2020/PB007