FI:PV233 Networks and Routing Protocols - Course Information
PV233 Networks and Routing ProtocolsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Jaroslav Pelikán, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Luděk Bártek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. et Mgr. Zdeněk Říha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Jaroslav Dočkal, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Josef Kaderka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jaroslav Pelikán, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Jaroslav Pelikán, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PV233/01: Mon 17:00–19:50 11A, J. Dočkal
PV233/02: Wed 17:00–19:50 11A, J. Dočkal
PV233/03: Thu 17:00–19:50 11A, L. Bártek
- ( PB156 Computer Networks || PV183 Computer Networks Technology ) && SOUHLAS
Test Introduction to Networks && Agreement
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 72 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Course Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials (SRWE) covers the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in small networks and introduces wireless local area networks (WLAN) and security concepts. Students learn how to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches for advanced functionality using security best practices and resolve common issues with protocols in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, students will be able to: - Configure VLANs and Inter-VLAN routing applying security best practices. - Troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing on Layer 3 devices. - Configure redundancy on a switched network using STP and EtherChannel. - Troubleshoot EtherChannel on switched networks. - Explain how to support available and reliable networks using dynamic addressing and first-hop redundancy protocols. - Configure dynamic address allocation in IPv6 networks. - Configure WLANs using a WLC and L2 security best practices. - Configure switch security to mitigate LAN attacks. - Configure IPv4 and IPv6 static routing on routers. The course includes activities using Packet Tracer, hands-on lab work, and a wide array of assessment types and tools.
- Basic Device Configuration
- Inter-VLAN Routing
- STP Concepts
- SLAAC and DHCPv6
- FHRP Concepts
- LAN Security Concepts
- Switch Security Configuration
- WLAN Concepts
- WLAN Configuration
- Routing Concepts
- IP Static Routing
- Troubleshoot Static and Default Routes
- required literature
- CCNA 7: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials Course Resources. Cisco Systems, Version 7, Release 2019.
- recommended literature
- LAMMLE, Todd. CCNA : Cisco certified network associate study guide. 5th ed. San Francisco, Calif.: SYBEX, 2005. xlii, 675. ISBN 0782143911. info
- EMPSON, Scott. CCNA 200-301 Portable Command Guide Fifth Edition 5th Edition. Cisco Press; 5 edition (December 20, 2019). ISBN-10: 0135937825.
- not specified
- LAMMLE, Todd. Understanding Cisco Networking Technologies, Volume 1: Exam 200-301 (CCNA Certification). 1st Edition. Sybex; 1 edition (December 24, 2019), ISBN-10: 1119659027.
- JOHNSON, Allan. 31 Days Before your CCNA Exam: A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the CCNA 200-301 Certification Exam 1st Edition. Cisco Press; 1 edition (April 13, 2020), ISBN-10: 0135964083.
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical lectures with examples, practical lessons, simulator,homework.
- Assessment methods
- 6 module group tests in English (on a computer), skill assessment and final test in English (on a computer).
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Students who enroll in PV233 Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials will have access to Cisco Networking Academy's first course (Introduction to Networks) study materials at the end of the previous spring semester and will be expected to self-study by the beginning of the fall semester by: to be able to successfully pass the entrance test from the above thematic units. Based on the results of the entrance test, the best about 50 students will be selected, who will be able to enroll in the course PV233 Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials. The course PV233 Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials together with the course PV234 PV234 Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation covers the material covered in the Cisco Networking Academy educational program. In these two subjects, students can acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of contemporary computer networks. Cisco Networking Academy is a program focused on training professionals for the design, construction, and management of computer networks. During his studies, he can gain not only theoretical knowledge, but also practical skills in the field of modern computer networks. The mentioned educational program offers students a broad knowledge of computer networks and its goal is to contribute to the professional training of specialists for the needs of building an information society. Study materials posted under the course PV233 Computer Networks and Routing Protocols are in English only.