FI:CORE013 Software System Development - Course Information
CORE013 Software Development: from an idea to working solutionFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Adéla Bierská (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. RNDr. Barbora Bühnová, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 14. 9. to Tue 7. 12. Tue 12:00–13:50 A217
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! FAKULTA ( FI )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce the students to the development of software systems, from the development team composition, through the understanding of various aspects accompanying software development, to the operation and successful usage of the system.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- understand the role of software systems in the today's digital age;
- name the main positions and activities accompanying the development process of software systems;
- understand the principles of software quality and approaches to ensure the quality;
- explain the key trends in tech, the opportunities and risks connected to them.
- Software products and services, software ecosystems, mobile applications.
- Job positions contributing to the development and operation of software systems, software team composition.
- Principles and processes of software development, agile development.
- Algorithmic mindset and thinking.
- Data management, data processing, data storage, user data-trace.
- Quality of software systems and its assurance (prevention, detection, correction of software-quality issues).
- Key quality attributes of software systems (reliability, performance, security, usability).
- Deployment of software systems into operation, continuous evolution of software solutions.
- Trends and future of information technologies, opportunities, and risks.
- Cross-fertilization of software engineering with other disciplines.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and self-study in between of lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Written test during the standard examination period.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2021/CORE013