FI:M005 Foundations of mathematics - Course Information
M005 Foundations of mathematicsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Miroslav Novotný, DrSc. (lecturer)
Helena Dvořáčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Kaďourek, CSc.
Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiří Rosický, DrSc.
- Tue 9:00–10:50 D2, Thu 11:00–12:50 D2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- Sets: set, subset, union, intersection, cartesian product
- Mappings: mapping, injection, surjection, bijection, inverse mapping, composition of mappings, cardinality of a set, Cantor theorem, cardinality of sets of numbers
- Relations: relations between sets, composition of relations, inverse relation, relation on a set, transitive hull, equivalence relation, decompositions, construction of integers and rational numbers
- Ordered sets: ordered set, preordered set, complete lattice, fixpoint theorem, construction of real numbers
- Combinatorics: variantions, combinations (with and without repetitions), inclusion and exclusion principle
- Elements of Graph Thoery: graphs, connected graphs, trees, Euler graphs, plane graphs
- KOLÁŘ, Josef, Olga ŠTĚPÁNKOVÁ and Michal CHYTIL. Logika, algebry a grafy. Vyd. 1. Praha: SNTL - Nakladatelství technické literatury, 1989. 434 s. info
- J. Rosický, Základy matematiky, učební text
- GRUSKA, Jozef. Foundations of computing. London: International Thompson Computer Press, 1997. xv, 716 s. ISBN 1-85032-243-0. info
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2002/M005