FI:M005 Set Theory I - Course Information
M005 Set Theory IFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Josef Niederle, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jiří Rosický, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jiří Rosický, DrSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Informatics (programme FI, B-IN)
- Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-IN)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Informatics (programme FI, M-SS)
- Information Technology (programme FI, B-IN)
- Propositional logic: propositional formulas, truth, disjunctive normal form
- Sets: set, subset, union, intersection, cartesian product
- Mappings: mapping, injection, surjection, bijection, inverse mapping, composition of mappings, cardinality of a set, Cantor theorem, cardinality of sets of numbers
- Relations: relation, composition of relations, inverse relation, equivalence relation, construction of integers and rational numbers
- Ordered sets: ordered set, preordered set, complete lattice, fixpoint theorem, construction of real numbers
- Language of instruction