FI:PA154 Corpus Tools - Course Information
PA154 Corpus ToolsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Rychlý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Pavel Rychlý, Ph.D.
- Wed 18:00–19:50 B411
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The subject is an introduction to the corpus linguistics a computer lexicography. It offers the basics of the corpora types, corpus tools, tagging and disambiguation. In the part dealing with the computer lexicography one can find the explanation about the machine readable dictionaries and lexical databases and the priciples of their building.
- Text corpora and their types. Standardization of the corpus data - SGML, XML, TEI. Building corpora. Corpus managers and processors (CQP, Manatee), graphical interface (GCQP, Bonito), concordance programs (OCP). Tagging and taggers (ajka for Czech). Morphological, syntactic and semantic tagging (WSD). Disambiguation and disambiguators (rule based - DIS, stochastic and others). Parallel corpora, alignment and aligners. Using corpora in computer lexicography, context, word sense disambiguation. Machine readable dictionaries and their types. Tools for electronic dictionaries - browsers and editors. Lexicographer's workbench. Lexical databases WordNet and EuroWordNet and tools for handling them: Polaris, Persicope, VisDic.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.