FI:PA151 Advanced Computer Networks - Course Information
PA151 Advanced Computer NetworksFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Wed 16:00–17:50 D2
- Networking principles, basic network architectures, data communication basics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 23 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able
apply medium access technology for wireless links
describe and explain WPAN, Wireless Personal Area Networks, Bluetooth, Zigbee, ...
describe and explain WLAN, Wireless Local Area Networks, Wi-Fi, 802.11
describe and explain Cellular transmission principles ,GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS
describe and explain Satellite communications
describe and explain WMAN, Metropolitan Networks (WiMAX/802.16)
describe and explain Cordless systems and wireless local loop, FWA
- Technical Background of Networking: transmission fundamantals, communication networks, protocols and protocol suites
- Wireless Communication technology: antenas and propagation, signal encoding, spread spectrum, error control
- Wireless Medium Access
- WPAN, Wireless Personal Area Networks, Bluetooth, Zigbee, ...
- WLAN, Wireless Local Area Networks, Wi-Fi, 802.11
- Cellular transmission principles ,GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS
- Satellite communications
- WMAN, Metropolitan Networks (WiMAX/802.16)
- Cordless systems and wireless local loop, FWA
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written tests
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses